Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: ambrose
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Boot Scoot Balance Bike?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(12)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 295 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boot Scoot Balance Bike?
    Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 11:44am
Anyone try one?  They are on for a good price a href="http://www.mamabargains.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">mamabargains today.  It is hard to tell how long things last on mamabargains and I hate feeling pressured to buy things fast!
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
Sponsored Links

minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 342 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 11:46am
i hate that pressure too.. but i think most balance bikes are fine. they seem to be a quick learning tool more than anything else.. that's a great price!
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
northwoods View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote northwoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 12:24pm
I don't have any experience with that brand. i notice a few things from the photo though: the tires aren't pneumatic, the bottom of the seat post looks sharp, and the nuts that hold the wheels on all stick out quite a bit (but they are covered at least). The steering looks unlimited (front fork can spin all the way around=jack-knifing), there might be a limiter I can't see. All things that more expensive bikes address.. My kids crash enough for those kinds of details to matter, but they are kamkazis on their bikes!

Some of the other models on the same page, for the same price, seem to have pneumatic tires and a different style frame wothout a tradional seat post. Things to think about.
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(12)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 295 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 3:59pm
All good points - thanks for the input.
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
 Post Reply Post Reply