Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Fleece vs wool?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kaheels View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote kaheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fleece vs wool?
    Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 10:36pm
So I am just entering the wonderful world of wool and fleece. I have a couple of wool covers and shorties. I am wondering how fleece compares. I have used fleece covers before and was not a huge fan, but I am interested in shorties and longies. My questions are, how well do they work at maintaining dryness, are they as good for night as wool or better suited for day. Also, where is the best place to get them? I haven't seen them at any of the online cd stores. Also, I have no idea where to find reviews. Oh, and can I put fleece on baby in the summer? Thanks.
Sponsored Links

boysniris View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote boysniris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 1:54am
When you used fleece before, do you remember what you didn't like about it? 

My "baby" is turning 3 next month, and we use fleece pretty much full time in various styles (snapping covers, soakers, shorties, longies, soaker leggings).  I definitely have day-weight and night-weight cover options, he needs thicker fleece at night.

Unlike wool, fleece absolutely will not absorb any wetness.  The rule of thumb I like to follow is that is a diaper feels lightly damp on the outside when it's time for a change, fleece will not compression leak.  Similarly to wool, though, fleece breathes better than PUL.  Our summers here are hot and my son is fine wearing fleece; in a PUL cover he gets rashy. 

As far as finding fleece at a retailer, if you want something non-WAHM the only thing I can think of are like children's stores that sell polyester fleece pants: Old Navy, The Children's Place...that type of shop.  I'm not sure how regular fleece pants like that would work as a cover, it would probably depend on how thick the fleece is.  Another option is to buy fleece shorties/longies from a WAHM.  There are a lot of WAHMs on Etsy and Hyena Cart that sell fleece shorties or longies.  Their online shops have a section for reviews/feedback.  Sometimes they also have a facebook page with customer reviews/comments.  I also sell fleece shorties and longies (EmotiBums) and the links are in my siggy.  If you like printed fleece, I recommend Cottontail Babies.

Hope this helps!
Melanie, mommy to two busy boys

Happy fleece :-)

EmotiBums
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 2:34pm
I;ve seen a few for sale at CD stores.  For instance, here's a Canadian company.  http://www.enfantstylediapers.com/fleece-cloth-diaper-covers.html
Don't know if I've seen longies or shorties in fleece though.
Tracy
Tracy - married (June 2006), DS (August 2011)
 Post Reply Post Reply