Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Online workouts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yausers_2005 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote yausers_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Online workouts?
    Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 9:26pm
sorry, this has probably been asked before.  any recs for good online workouts?  free is good, but i wouldn't mind paying a bit either.  personally, i find a 'live workout' much more productive for me - as in you do teh moves at the same time as the person, as opposed to just reading a blog that says do 30 crunches then 30 push-ups. 

i was also sort of thinking of trying zumba - at home (no way i'd do that at a class at the gym).  i guess i probably need to buy a workout dvd, but any online resources for that would be helpful, too!
Anna

Mommy to Austin (July '07) and Silas (January '10)! giada
Sponsored Links

SouthEastMomma View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 294 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote SouthEastMomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 10:04pm
bodyrock.tv has a ton of bodyweight and other at home workouts Smile
Lauren
Married to Jeremiah
Mom to Oscar (8), Archer (6), Odin & Hugo (23 months)
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote yausers_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 8:55pm
thanks lauren - those are some great workouts!  don't think i would want DH using that sight, though - that lady is really, um, scantily clad- even for a workout instructor!
Anna

musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(12)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 189 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:27am
Netflix has a few options.  Nothing awesome, but it's free if you already subscribe, and it will get you moving.  They have yoga, too.
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
JamieNoblit View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote JamieNoblit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:42pm
You could always try beachbody programs, I've had great success with them.  They do cost money though, but you get a calendar & a meal plan to keep you on track!  If you have any questions about them, shoot me a PM, I'm a coach :)
Mom to Caelan 9-10-07 and Cullen 8-18-09
diaperpin-jen View Drop Down
Pincorporated
Pincorporated

Member Rating(6)

Perennial Pinner
14 years 93 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote diaperpin-jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:01pm
Like with Jamie - I do DVD workouts. I have P90X and Insanity  and some Cathe DVDs as well. I've built up a decent size collection over the past couple of years so I can get a very good workout at home. P90X and Insanity is a small investment but it is a comprehensive program. Cathe is good if you prefer to buy a DVD at a time but she does also provide schedules and plans so you can slowly build your library and still follow a plan......  This is not the same as what you asked for but I find it an economical way to go...
Creator of the Pin and Proud mama of 2!

Check out our new blog - The Corner! iv class
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote yausers_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 8:11pm
thanks ladies.  i do really like DVD workouts actually.  we'll soon be ending our gym membership, so i'm trying to get some other good options.  i have a few dvd's:  30DS, prevention fitness circuit training, and leslie sansone.  might be good to add another one, but i think PX90 and Insanity are probably a little more intense than i'm looking for - i would probably just burn out and not really do it!  i might look into bodypump - is that pretty tough as well?
Anna

Post Reply Post Reply