Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - The Creative Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Patterns - cloth diapers and cover reviews | Patterns - Carrier reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Welcome to Creative Corner! This is the place to share tips,
pics of recent projects, and ask questions about all things creative (not just sewing and knitting!)

Think of this as the amateur sports forum. If you intend to sell, market (for example, naming a product), and bring in money with the item you are working on, you are a pro and your post belongs in the WAHM section (the pro sports forum . ) If you are making the item simply out of enjoyment and do not now or ever in the future intend to make money off of the item, not limited to the one shown, but ones like it in the future, it may be posted in the Creative Corner.

Posting business types of threads in Creative Corner is considered a violation of our forum posting policy (specifically rule #2.)

If you need access to the WAHM forum, please PM krisperry or Bectoria.

so who else is in the pins n needles congo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gotlucy View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gotlucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: so who else is in the pins n needles congo?
    Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 11:54pm
in the pins n needles hyena cart congo, sam has turk, xandi has FG, and that is you morgan in me's.  who else has the other storefronts?  what made you all decide to go into business?

I'm sure you're coming for me. BOO!! trick, or treat?
Sponsored Links

bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 263 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 12:04am
I know Lori is chicka chic... i think rosa is pink paisley just because those covers look familiar ;)  whirly girl is jess (stegmanjessica). but that's all I got!
chicka.chicka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote chicka.chicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 12:20am
Bree is right on the ones she named.  Northwind's Fancy is Katie/northwind.  Sonic Strings is Beth/hudfamsix.  So Square is Christina/mom4moju.  Neener Monster Emporium is Jessica/mommyjessica.

For me, I'd been thinking about doing something on either HC or Etsy, but never got around to it.  So when a congo was suggested, I decided to jump on board.  It's been a lot of fun so far, even though I haven't sold anything yet.  LOL
LORI, Wife to Shane & Mom to: Benjamin(14), Elizabeth(13), Thomas(11), Olivia(9), Joshua(4), Rebekah(2), and Andrew (11/27/13)
~*~Parenting consists of long days and short years.~*~
mdahm98 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(47)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 164 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mdahm98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 9:17am
I decided to do the congo because I have been looking for an outlet to sell my knitted stuff for awhile now and this came along at the perfect time! I have only sold one thing so far, but my aunt ordered a couple custom items, so that's nice!
Exciting stuff happening!

So how did you know Me's Makings was me?

Edited by mdahm98 - 15 Apr 2012 at 9:19am
~Morgan~SAHM to DD 4/8/05 and DS 10/10/08
littlehands View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote littlehands Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 11:37am
For me, it was because people are constantly asking me about the stuff I sew!  Both IRL and online. I had a WAH business when my now 13yo was little and did it for a year or two quite successfully. I really had no intention of jumping back into the ring with the way the market sits, but a girl's gotta do...

I don't imagine I'll end up making what I do/did with my writing (uh, no...LOL) but I like the creative outlet and, heaven knows, Chloe can't wear everything I make. I also get bored of my own stuff after awhile. Embarrassed I can make diapers and covers to rival anything else you can buy, but I'll never be one of those WAHMs that boasts that they ONLY use her products and like nothing else. LOL

Oh, and I totally squeeked under the wire for the congo. They've been planning for months, and I just happened to be at Lori's for a playdate when she asked me if I was going to do it. Uh, come again? I know nothing. I was in and stocking within, like, 2 weeks.
Rosa, Mom to Six- 15 to 2 years, + a newbie coming in Aug!
I sew and am a freelance writer. PM me! Find me a href="http://hyenacart.com/stores/PinsandNeedles/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Pins and Needles
hudfamsix View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote hudfamsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 12:24pm
I joined because I like the idea of a lower-pressure place to sell things.  I don't feel like I could produce enough to have a shop of my own, but stocking a few things a month is totally doable.  
Beth
"Babe" to Jason (12 years)
Knitting, Running, Homeschooling Mom to
Sierra (11), Tyner (9), Zeke (5), and Emma (3)
chicka.chicka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote chicka.chicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by hudfamsix hudfamsix wrote:

I joined because I like the idea of a lower-pressure place to sell things.  I don't feel like I could produce enough to have a shop of my own, but stocking a few things a month is totally doable.  

Yes, this!
LORI, Wife to Shane & Mom to: Benjamin(14), Elizabeth(13), Thomas(11), Olivia(9), Joshua(4), Rebekah(2), and Andrew (11/27/13)
~*~Parenting consists of long days and short years.~*~
3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 12:50pm
I had to reorganize and rebuild my business plan after the divorce and over the years there have been so many requests for a way to support the crafty mamas around here. As members we try to be extra cautious of the solicitation rules out of respect for paid advertisers, but it would be so handy to have a place where shoppers can find a large group of us in one place. Plus running a full shop on your own requires lots of hours and energy, but working as a group allows increased exposure and a little less pressure. I had pitched the idea a while ago and there seemed to be enough interest, so I laid the foundation and have enjoyed seeing how it's started and where it has the potential to go.
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
gotlucy View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gotlucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 11:32pm

i guess i just missed all the talk about it so i was wondering. ive thought about similar in the past.

morgan i recognized your picnic tunic

I'm sure you're coming for me. BOO!! trick, or treat?
treyp View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote treyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 12:09am
Congrats on the congo!

3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 10:42pm
Bekah, if you ever decide to persue it we'd be happy to have you. In keeping with the pin's policies all the brainstorming and discussions were kept in the business forum.
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
diaperpin-jen View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(6)

Perennial Pinner
14 years 199 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote diaperpin-jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 10:59pm
Thumbs Up
Creator of the Pin and Proud mama of 2!

Check out our new blog - The Corner! iv class
 Post Reply Post Reply