Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Frugal Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: taowensf
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Poor mama hen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(30)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 91 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poor mama hen
    Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 6:26pm
She was so distraught this morning so I went out to see what she was fussing about.  I guess the barbie jeep wasn't such a great nesting site after all.  This is what I found.

It is a TX rat snake and they are not venomous and they help with the rodent population, but they also like eggs. The jeep is parked under a window of our house so I used the opportunity to teach the kids a little about snakes.  We had a great view from only a couple feet away so we watched it each 2 eggs and looked up some information about them on the internet.

Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
Sponsored Links

txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(30)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 91 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 6:30pm
Oh, and mama hen is just fine.  She is too big for the snake to mess with her, but she was squawking up a storm. 
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 180 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 6:48pm
Ack! I think I'd be squawking up a storm too!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 221 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 8:33pm
Yipes! I'd be doing way more than sqwaking! Poor mama! Cool that you guys got to see that though.
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 49 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 9:19pm
OMB! Talk about real life lessons! Glad its not vemonous. I feel bad for mama hen though. did you eventually take the snake away?
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 12:23am
Wow!  Cool to get to use it as a learning experience though
jessmomto2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote jessmomto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 4:23pm
Yikes!  Glad mama is ok but i understand her being upset.
Jess

Wife to my Rick (5/04), homeschooling mama to Kara (11) and Aidan (7), and our preemie Anna 12/31/12. Raising our kids to know and love the Lord.
mommy2 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 12:41pm
Oh my.  That would have scared the crap out of me.  That is such a great learning experience for the kids.  I'm glad you could benefit from it. 
~Laura~
Mama to Kelsea 9, Ryley 7 & Abby 3

Wife to Shane and Full time Nursing Student.

to,488px);}");
 Post Reply Post Reply