Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Why would I do this to myself?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 272 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why would I do this to myself?
    Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 3:51pm
I was in my consignment store this morning because I had a decent credit on my account. They sell cloth diapers, but nothing I am usually interested in: BGs, Grovia, Fuzzibuns, Kawaii and the like. I couldn't find one thing I needed or wanted in the entire store, so I was drawn to the cloth corner and walked out with a BG Elemental.    So not like me! I swore off AIOs and BGs. Well, darnit, I think I am really going to like it! It fits beautifully and is crazy soft, stretchy, and trim. I hope it takes forever to dry or something so I end up not liking it I'll have to sell a whole lotta stuff to fund more of these!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
Sponsored Links

mom4moju View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 4:00pm
So funny , Clare!
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
amymcg97 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote amymcg97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 6:03pm
We have one BGE (which I also purchased at our local consignment store) and it is my favorite. I still wish to try Swadlebees Simplex 2.0- sized, but I have dreamt of having a dozen of the BGEs. I know some mamas aren't happy with the dry time, but I find it quicker drying than our OsoCozy AIOs, which usually finish off air drying. I am just so torn b/c at 17 months, DD shows some interest in PLing, and I know she is our last baby. I don't know if I should be looking more towards trainers, but I would invest in more BGE in a heartbeat if I could justify it. You're going to love the absorbency. And I have found it to wash up and rinse great. And with your wash routine with a bit of bleach, that shouldn't be a problem because the instructions say occasional bleach is okay. Yes, you are probably in trouble!
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(29)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 169 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 6:39pm
  I hope it doesn't work out for you
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 6:42pm
LOL Well I can tell you that it will for sure take longer than your other dipes to dry ;) Unless you bust out the seam ripper and detach the soaker on one end!
spendie View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote spendie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 7:14pm
Definitely takes longer to dry!!  So you won't be getting more, I'm sure. :P
Jen-
Mommy to four
Chloe-5/98, Calvin 1/01, Cailey 2/07, Chase 1/11
kingapat View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 261 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote kingapat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 7:41pm
I love ours! ;)
DD 8/96 DS 10/04

DS 9/08 DS 3/10 DD 9/11 DS 3/14
amymcg97 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote amymcg97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 7:53pm
I would say considering you're drying mostly flats, you will definitely be longer on the dry time. Looks like plenty of mamas will be ready to take it off your hands, though.   I have read of people having trouble with lack of air circulation with them. Hasn't been an issue for us, but we only have one. Hard to tell with only one. Plus, we have yet to hit the balmy weather in the NE region. Could be an issue in FL, but I guess you don't know unless you try it.... How have DS's rashes been? (I'm not on much these days, so maybe I missed the report after a break from wool.)
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 272 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 11:12am
Well, I am using a combo of flats and Sandy's/MEOS. Those fitteds don't dry in 1 cycle anyway. So, we'll see what I think!

Amy, his skin has been amazing since we went to the dermatologist, cut out wool, and added lotion to his routine. I am keeping my eyes out for the slightest changes in his skin, though. He does very well in PUL. Thanks for asking and remembering!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
 Post Reply Post Reply