Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

I need a swift kick in the....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need a swift kick in the....
    Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 2:28pm
...abs!  I'm only 4 lbs from my goal weight and am generally really happy with how I've toned up over the past 6mos or so, BUT my abs are still so sad Embarrassed  Anyone have good recs on what to do?  I do bikram yoga twice a week and plan to start running again when it stops raining (which I know will help), but I need to start doing something now b/c it's driving me crazy!  
Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 150 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 3:34pm
This is my issue as well. I'm within a few pounds of my PP weight but my abs look completely different! I still have a little separation in the muscles so I'm wary of pushing it too hard.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
hudfamsix View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote hudfamsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 5:31pm
Running has helped my abs enormously!  I haven't started doing any other workouts, but my stomach is much flatter than it was before I started running eight weeks ago.  My sister is sending me a Jillian Michael's kickboxing DVD that has ab, upper body, and lower body workouts (separately), so I'm going to try that as well.
Beth
"Babe" to Jason (12 years)
Knitting, Running, Homeschooling Mom to
Sierra (11), Tyner (9), Zeke (5), and Emma (3)
GreenJessicaA View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote GreenJessicaA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 5:46pm
Are you trying to tone ab muscle or lose fat from them? Or both?

I started doing these exercises and it has help my core/pelvic area!  I was able to star href="http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/better-sex-exercise-moves" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">this 8 weeks pp after c section.  I think my core looks better this time around than it did the first!

After I started drinking smoothies everyday for breakfast or lunch I lost the majority of the extra fat I had still had around my stomach.

Wife to David, Mama to DD(04/07) and DS(08/11) giada md
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 12:09am
Originally posted by GreenJessicaA GreenJessicaA wrote:

Are you trying to tone ab muscle or lose fat from them? Or both?

Both Embarrassed  A lot of the flab is gone, but my stomach area is the hardest - always the last thing to hang on when I lose weight Angry  If only those last 4 lbs would all come off of my belly flab

Beth - I know that running will help, I really need to get back to it.

I'm not looking for a 6-pack or even 100% flat... I just need the jiggle gone!
yausers_2005 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote yausers_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 9:22pm
yep, my problem, too.  30Day Shred helped some - definitely helped with my upper abs and obliqiues, but not so much with the lower abs.
Anna

Mommy to Austin (July '07) and Silas (January '10)! giada
 Post Reply Post Reply