Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Frugal Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: taowensf
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Good news about my city ordinance!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 189 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good news about my city ordinance!
    Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 2:15pm
I'm so excited about the true city ordinance I just found, because the law I thought I was breaking was pretty stupid anyway Embarrassed We thought we could only have 3 and of course we got more, we have 15. Turns out I can have 19 chickens on my property because we live on a 0.49 acre, which is 21,000s/f. Here's the ordinance:

C. Domesticated fowl. Up to three (3) domesticated fowl may be kept on any lot that is at least five thousand (5,000) square feet, subject to the provisions of Ch. 8.03 KCC. These domesticated fowl are in addition to the small domesticated animals that may be permitted on a lot in accordance with subsection (A) of this section. One (1) additional domesticated fowl is permitted for each one thousand (1,000) square feet of land in excess of the minimum five thousand (5,000) square foot threshold. In no case shall a coop or other accessory structure that restrains or houses domesticated fowl be located closer than ten (10) feet from any other residential lot.

WOOHOO!! I'm excited to get 4 more next year. Brooding them should be more manageable than 15!!

Edited by stegmanjessica - 13 Apr 2012 at 3:27pm
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
Sponsored Links

expectingnumber2 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 28 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 3:32pm
I am so jealous!!  We have a 1/2 acre and still (as of right now) can't have any.  I checked our neighborhood covenant- Nothing, the township- Nothing.  By this time I was getting excited.  Then found out its a stupid county law based on our zoning.  The largest city near us in our county passed a law last year allowing chickens (I think 4 or 5) so I'm hoping it will trickle down here.  If our lot was more wooded and secluded I'd get some anyways but I have nosey neighbors who may not be happy about it.  They thought we were strange when we got our compost bin Tongue

Glad to know you're doing things legally even if you thought you weren't LOL
Michelle wife to Brian mom to DD1 (5/13/06), DD2 (4/23/10) and DD3 (5/8/12)   
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 199 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 3:35pm
Sweet!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 213 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 3:56pm
That is great, Jess! Looks like you bought the right house.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
ambrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote ambrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 4:13pm
you're such a goodie-goodie now!  Smile no longer the chicken rebel.
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 189 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 4:18pm
I know, right?!
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 7:50am
Originally posted by ambrose ambrose wrote:

you're such a goodie-goodie now!  Smile no longer the chicken rebel.

Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 7:54am
for some reason, my msg posted twice!

Edited by J2 - 15 Apr 2012 at 7:55am
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 7:55am
errr... make that thrice!!   

Edited by J2 - 15 Apr 2012 at 7:56am
Jenn

jessmomto2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote jessmomto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 4:21pm
Great!
Jess

Wife to my Rick (5/04), homeschooling mama to Kara (11) and Aidan (7), and our preemie Anna 12/31/12. Raising our kids to know and love the Lord.
 Post Reply Post Reply