Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Frugal Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: taowensf
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Chick Growth UPDATE AT BOTTOM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rgypsyrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rgypsyrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 5:22pm
I agree with Jess, separate her maybe put one other chick with her to keep her company.  Also prepare your self and kids for the worst.  I know that sounds bad but generally from my experience the ones you baby and try so hard to save usually die in the end.  Good luck with her.
Mary

ps If you decide to take her to a vet, call around and see if you can find one that has experience with poultry...

Sponsored Links

stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 194 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:39am
UPDATE: Cupcake's still kickin'! Sweet little girl doesn't like to be handled a whole lot, except by Jeanine, but she's finally getting some feathers, yay! Here's a pic from tonight, she is about the size of a 2 week old, but she and the rest of her hatch-mates are 5 weeks old today!

Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
sunsmiles View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(29)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 176 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunsmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:34pm
Yay! I'm so glad that she is finally feathering out! That is what I would be worried about most at this point... her being able to regulate her body temp since we still pretty cool during summer nights.
Meghan

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi    
jessmomto2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote jessmomto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:37pm
So glad she's finally getting feathers.  Hopefully she'll catch up soon.
Jess

Wife to my Rick (5/04), homeschooling mama to Kara (11) and Aidan (7), and our preemie Anna 12/31/12. Raising our kids to know and love the Lord.
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 194 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:02pm
Yeah Meghan, it's getting old having the brooder lamp. I know they big ones still need it a little at night but she REALLY needs it and that stinks. Hopefully by the time they're all 8-9 weeks old she'll have enough feathers for me to remove the brooder lamp, because I think the rest will definitely be OK at that point. 
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
ambrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote ambrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:23pm
Yay, happy cupcake!
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:57pm
yay Cupcake!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12