Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Craving fats and esp nuts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KeepItSimple View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote KeepItSimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Craving fats and esp nuts
    Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 6:40pm
I have had great success going low carb but have found that I really do feel better when I have more carbs in my diet probably due to the volume of running I have been putting in.  I just need to keep the sugar cravings at bay because they can be ferocious. 

I have noticed the past 2-3 days that I am craving nuts and fats more than usual- as in I can easily eat 2-3 oz of nuts plus coconut oil in something, plus olive oil on a salad, plus an oz or 2 of cheese.  That adds up to be quite a lot of calories at the end of the day, but when I get on the sale I am doing really well even though I am eating a fair amount of carbs too. So I think I have found a good balance for now.

Today I broke down and ate a home made sprouted WW pita pocket filled with 2Tbs of nut butter.  That was a wonderful treat Big smile.
Jenny,wife to Adam since 1994
SAHMom to:
18. 17. 15. 13. 12. 10. 8. 7. 5. 3.& Eva Joy 6-11-13
Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 235 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 7:48pm
That sounds like a pretty good splurge. Smile

I'm glad it's working for you. Makes sense that you would need a few extra carbs with the running.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
 Post Reply Post Reply