Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Bubble Bubble Toil & Trouble
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: musicmama
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Drying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alainagirard81 View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote alainagirard81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drying
    Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 7:12pm
So since CDing I have stopped using dryer sheets all together, and made a few wool dryer balls. Well, I hate them, and am over having microscopic pieces of wool everywhere. I found some dryer sheets at Bel Air that seem pretty great. They are from Full Circle, and are all natural, hypoallergenic, no animal products, no chemicals or dyes or perfumes or anything. I read somewhere that the sheet is made from wood pulp, and the only "softening" agents are natural oils. So, I feel pretty good about using them with my clothes. My question is, how would these effect the diapers? I haven't had the guts to try yet, but they seem totally harmless. Even to the touch they have absolutely no waxiness to them. Has anyone used these, and what is your take on them?

--Hope no one has posted anything to this nature yet. I am new here, and scrolled through quite a bit of topics without seeing anything on this :) Thanks so much for your input!!!
Sponsored Links

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 111 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 10:24pm
I've never heard of them or used them before. What kind of diapers are you using? You could always test them out on your cotton and see if your LO has any reactions or anything. I probably wouldn't use them with every load of diapers, you may get some buildup. But, I don't really know so am probably not much help, haha!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 11:57pm
Even natural oils can cause build up and repeling though. Have you thought of the plastic dryer balls or tying your wool ones into some old socks?
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
chicka.chicka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(27)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 340 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote chicka.chicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 12:22am
Are you talking about using the dryer sheets on your clothes only or clothes and diapers?  I would think that if you are using them just on your clothes that you shouldn't have any issues with them affecting your diapers.  I use Bounce dryer sheets on my clothes and nothing on my diapers and have never had any issues with build-up on the diapers, even pockets, so my guess is that the more natural, wood pulp ones would be at least as good as that.
LORI, Wife to Shane & Mom to: Benjamin(14), Elizabeth(13), Thomas(11), Olivia(9), Joshua(4), Rebekah(2), and Andrew (11/27/13)
~*~Parenting consists of long days and short years.~*~
 Post Reply Post Reply