Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Low Carb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 145 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Low Carb
    Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 4:52pm
I know there are several mamas here doing low carb or grain free diets. Just wondering what everyone is doing- books you've read- if you're involving kids and your DH in your diet?

I'm seriously considering cutting way back on our grains and carbs but not sure how far I want to go or what to do about the kids.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
Sponsored Links

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 159 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 5:23pm
Erin, I've been low carb for probably 3 months now. I've lost 15lbs-ish. DH has dropped too much weight and I am having an impossible time trying to get it back on him. For him, going grain free alone dropped his weight even though he didn't need to lose anything. We are almost grain free, but I make sure the kids get plenty of carbs in the form of fruit and baked goods with coconut flour or pancakes with honey, kefir or coconut milk smoothies, etc. I just don't eat a lot of what I make them.

I've read some things that say that low-carb messes with your metabolism and slows it down. But, I just plain feel better when I eat low carb. I have the Atkins book.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
DebbieMoret View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote DebbieMoret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 11:41am
check out paleo way of eating.  im a no carber, my hubby is a very low carb eater.  he has quite a bit to loose and it's just melting off of him.  took 7 years to get him to do it, lol. 
Lover to Blair, mommy to Kendall, Savannah, Paige, Emma, Mallory, Stephen and Annabelle
Bringingup4forHim once upon a time....
Support your local Hospiceto,div
BrittanyM View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(62)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 2 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrittanyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 2:15pm
My Mom and I did The Maker's Diet several years ago just to detox and feel better (I didn't really need to loose any weight) and it definitely worked! I lost 14 lbs even though I didn't need to. I plan on doing it once I stop nursing DS.
Wife To Timothy (Nov. 2007) and Mommy to Tirzah (12.31.08), Elijah (12.24.10) and Samuel (with Jesus, 1.19.13)   k <a href=http://mariapayd
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 96 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 5:18pm
for the kids i really think they need the carbs, as long as they are not allergic. aren't you still nursing? you want to be careful about detoxing during that. i would make sure to cut back slowly if you do it now. 
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply