Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Bubble Bubble Toil & Trouble
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: musicmama
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Rash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
goosegrl View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote goosegrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rash
    Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:41am
We took a 2 month break from cloth diapers while we moved across the continent. I started back up this week and we are already having a red bum problem.

Our new washer is a front loader.  I hate it.

My routine was a cold/cold wash/rinse cycle
a hot/cold with purex free and clear
followed by a warm/warm cycle

I selected the extra rinse option each time.

Any ideas?

TIA
Sponsored Links

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 272 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 2:25pm
A new kind of water? Could it be hard? Maybe you'll need to switch up your detergent.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
spendie View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote spendie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 11:17pm
Hmm, maybe its a reaction to the diaper material?  What are you using?
Your wash routine sounds exactly like mine, except I use Tide powder.  
Jen-
Mommy to four
Chloe-5/98, Calvin 1/01, Cailey 2/07, Chase 1/11
horseymama View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Post Options Post Options   Quote horseymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 11:53pm
In addition to perhaps a change in water, your LO could be reacting to the wetness. When DD was starting to PL and going bare-bummed a lot of the time she started having redness issues if she was in a wet diaper for even a short amount of time (like during nap time, overnight was horrible). Since your LO's skin has adjusted to feeling dry all the time in sposies, maybe the wetness is bothering her? What kind of diapers do you use?

We switched to sposies overnight for awhile because she was really flooding her diapers at night and none of our cloth was keeping her dry enough. Now she is wet maybe 3x/week but doesn't flood them like she used to (I think she's better at emptying her bladder before bed) so she's in BG pockets stuffed with a large GMD flat overnight and they have been working great.

Do you have any fleece liners you could try to see if that helps at all?
AndreaKim View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote AndreaKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 10:04pm
http://realdiaperassociation.org/wash/

RDA's recommended routine. I have to use 2x the recommended amount of tide ultra powder but hot damn, my diapers are clean! and never a red bum over here! btw we use only cotton and bamboo :)
Proud breastfeeding, cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, baby-wearing, stay-at-home mommy to my preschooler and baby. And I'm an Army wife. I love my husband!to,488px);}
mom4moju View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 12:06am
That was my fl routine, except I added 2 TBSP of bleach (diluted in about a gallon of water) in ther first rinse cycle.  After it filled, I paused it then poured it in the soap dispenser. 

We also recently moved and we are now using Dh's top loading machine he had in University, 8 years ago!  I thought we had hard water before, but I was wrong.  THIS is hard water.  It's been causing us a bit of ammonia. 

Do you smell anything like ammonia? 
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
 Post Reply Post Reply