Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - The Creative Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Patterns - cloth diapers and cover reviews | Patterns - Carrier reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Welcome to Creative Corner! This is the place to share tips,
pics of recent projects, and ask questions about all things creative (not just sewing and knitting!)

Think of this as the amateur sports forum. If you intend to sell, market (for example, naming a product), and bring in money with the item you are working on, you are a pro and your post belongs in the WAHM section (the pro sports forum . ) If you are making the item simply out of enjoyment and do not now or ever in the future intend to make money off of the item, not limited to the one shown, but ones like it in the future, it may be posted in the Creative Corner.

Posting business types of threads in Creative Corner is considered a violation of our forum posting policy (specifically rule #2.)

If you need access to the WAHM forum, please PM krisperry or Bectoria.

I finished the Cape!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
2 years 362 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I finished the Cape!
    Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 1:14pm
I finished my first ever crocheting project! It's far from perfect though but wearable.

The 2 pieces before they were assembled were not even so the completed cape doesn't have exact matching corners. But one corner is in the back so it's not exactly very showy, kwim?

Also at one point I think I turned the pieces too much or whatever, I don't even know what I did but the top of one piece has the pattern backwards.
For those that crochet can see what I mean on the picture

Here it is complete, I added a little ruffle and some flowers to cover up my first-timer uneven seams..

It was the first time I did flowers and each of them came out a different size and shape..
I also don't like the fit of the hat on baby Z, but it looks ok on S.

I will be using it regardless of the flaws. You know that good feeling, seeing your child in your work? They will be sampling my practice, I hope to do better next time!

Here's S showing off
Happy wife to J and SAHM to my 2 little girls and a surprise baby boy joined us in the Spring.

*Please excuse the typos. my 'smart' phone was too smart for school*
Sponsored Links

northwoods View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote northwoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 1:48pm
That looks fantastic!
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(31)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 48 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:04pm
It is adorable! You must be seeing flaws that are not very obvious, it looks great to me!
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 9 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:30pm
It looks great.  I don't see any flaws.  S is adorable.
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 148 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 4:03pm
Wow, great job!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 83 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 4:46pm
Great job! All my projects have flaws here and there that is what makes them special and home made
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 7 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 7:20pm
very nicely done!!   i agree, its so cool to see your kids wearing stuff you made them :)
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 30 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 8:18pm
Adorable!

Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
2 years 362 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 10:31am
Thanks ladies! You really made me feel good...
Happy wife to J and SAHM to my 2 little girls and a surprise baby boy joined us in the Spring.

chicka.chicka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote chicka.chicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 2:04am
Very nice!  Especially for a first timer.  I'm impressed!  Your daughter is very cute!
LORI, Wife to Shane & Mom to: Benjamin(14), Elizabeth(13), Thomas(11), Olivia(9), Joshua(4), Rebekah(2), and Andrew (11/27/13)
~*~Parenting consists of long days and short years.~*~
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
2 years 362 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 10:11am
Thank you

KeepItSimple View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote KeepItSimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 11:52am
Super cute Heart I love it.  Thanks for the pics... I was wondering how that was going to be a Superman cape LOL
Jenny,wife to Adam since 1994
SAHMom to:
18. 17. 15. 13. 12. 10. 8. 7. 5. 3.& Eva Joy 6-11-13
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 179 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 1:30pm
It looks really cute!  there aren't any obvious flaws.  Handmade stuff is never perfect.  I think it is impossible for something to come from human hands the exact same every time.  I had to teach myself that lesson awhile ago and now I embrace little differences and "flaws" as adding interest.
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
MamaKikow View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
2 years 362 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote MamaKikow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 1:39pm
Lol Jenny!

You're right Nuttygirl.

7308anne View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 7308anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 10:33am
So Cute Great job.
 Post Reply Post Reply