Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Introduction to Cloth Diapering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: txmom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Haven't used CD in 5 years. What's new??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TattooedMama View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote TattooedMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haven't used CD in 5 years. What's new??
    Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 5:54pm
My son is now 6 years old and we are expecting our second in December. Since it's been so long since I've CD, what new has been going on? Are there new types of diapers? All I ever used before were pockets and fitteds or flats with OS covers.
Sponsored Links

mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 350 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 11:34pm
i am not the person to ask but im sure there are a LOT of new things since then! welcome to the pin :)
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:30pm
Welcome back! I think the newest type of cloth diapers are tongue-style all in ones. They're AIOs with an attached insert that gets tucked back in. My favorite as far as convenience diapers go because they wash better and dry faster than AIOs that are fully sewn in. Some examples are Tots Bots Easy Fits, Kissauvs, and Swaddlebees AIOs. Another newish trends is a 2-size system like Thirsties Duo (pockets, covers, fitteds, and AIOs) and Capris to name a couple. They seem to fit tiny newborns and bigger toddlers better than a one-size ever could. Hope this helps!
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 132 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:51pm
If you enjoy trifolding prefolds or padfolding flats, the new Swaddlebees Capris are pretty perfect for that.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
TattooedMama View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote TattooedMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 10:54pm
Thank you! I noticed some different AIOs and something called AI2 hybrids? I never really liked my AIOs too much because they took forever to dry so maybe I'll try these newer ones. I also noticed a lot more OS diapers. I was addicted to FB with ds and they never had a OS that I knew of. I might try those too.
Ricci, mama to DS 4/06 and little bean 12/12 giada md
clothkick View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote clothkick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:11pm
I tried to love my AI2's, but none of them were absorbent enough to make it 2 hours ever. There sure are some cute ones, though.
coffeeinmymug View Drop Down
P'interested
P'interested

Post Options Post Options   Quote coffeeinmymug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2012 at 5:11pm
I'm in the same boat!  My youngest is 5.5 and I'm due in August.

It was strange to see how much has changed! 

I used almost all FB and Swaddlebees pockets with DS and DD.  I loved them and had no complaints whatsoever.  The initial cost is the only thing keeping me from restocking with pockets.  I never liked OS because I was too picky about fit under clothes. And AIO's took too long to dry for me.

This time around, I'm going to stick with PF and covers I think -- I might switch to pockets when this one is in mediums since those lasted until the other were out of diapers completely.  I'm more into saving money this time around.

The new brands and acronyms have me thrown off.  For some reason, I just don't have the same amount of time to do my diaper research!

I can't hardly wait for this LO to be born so I can get some cute fluff on her though.  Some things never change Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply