Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Just got a juicer!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
happymamaof2 View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 352 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just got a juicer!!!
    Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:26pm
After watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" on Netflix, DH and I decided we wanted to buy a juicer because we are sick of the weird chemical taste in our Tropicana OJ, and various other health reasons. We ended up going with this one...http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=14770267

It is freakin.awesome!!!!

Just wanted to share!!!
Mama to Ryan (1/06). Katelyn (3/07), and BIG BOY Gavin (4/13)
Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 202 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:34pm
That looks really nice! DH and I watched that movie recently, amazing the difference eating clean makes.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 352 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:40pm
It is amazing how much clean eating helps, isn't it? DH has been on cholesterol meds for the last 2 years, and I would love for him to be off of them completely! He is only about 10 lbs overweight, and eats pretty well, but I think this may give him the boost he needs to lose those last 10 lbs., and put him on track for changing his lifestyle permanently!
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 202 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:48pm
Are you going to do a juice fast, meal replacements or what? My DH was thinking about doing juice for breakfast or one meal a day. He's on cholesterol meds too, but he needs to lose more like 50 lbs!
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 352 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by erinchelsea erinchelsea wrote:

Are you going to do a juice fast, meal replacements or what? My DH was thinking about doing juice for breakfast or one meal a day. He's on cholesterol meds too, but he needs to lose more like 50 lbs!

He is going to replace his lunch with the juice. He had thought about doing a fast, but decided against it due to the expense of that much produce! I am just going to drink the juice with my meals, or as breakfast.
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 202 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 11:12pm
Let us know how it goes! It would be great if he could get off the meds.
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 352 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 9:10am
Another added bonus of this juicer...it has a catch bucket for all the peels, etc that get filtered out of the juice, and you have instant good quality compost!
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(12)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 199 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 11:15am
I am really tempted to get a juicer... I think DH might have soemthing to say about it though (my kitchen is the main place I splurge. I don't have a ton of gadgets, but the ones I do have were pretty pricey - Vitamix, Nurtimill, Bosch mixer). My parents watched that documentary and are starting a juice fast sometime soon. My dad has been juicing for most of his meals and has already lost 10 lbs I think? I need to do some research though b/c I worry about his bloodsugar with it so I'm hoping to find some ways to help make it work for him just in case it becomes an issue. I would love to do it for us also... DH's cholesterol is creeping up so I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. He's one of those guys that is OK with diet changes as long as I don't take away his meat though Ermm. Eggs don't count for him.

What are some of your "recipes"? My parents have been experimenting with fruit and veggie combos and have had more successes than not. I think their fave was carrot, orange, beet, sweet pepper, and spinach maybe??

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 352 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 10:48pm
That's great that your dad has already lost 10 lbs!! We just got it yesterday, so we have only tried fresh squeezed OJ, apple/pear, pineapple, and DH took a combo of apple/pear/strawberry/carrot for lunch today. The kids and I tasted it and DD said "This tastes like a fruit lollipop!!". We love it so far, and will be experimenting a lot over the next few weeks!!
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 352 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 3:16pm
So we have had the juicer for about a week now, and the whole family loves it!!! We are having fresh juice every morning with breakfast, DH is drinking it for lunch for now but considering doing a 3 day juice fast. Some favorites so far have been apple/pear, carrot/orange/pear, apple/pear/carrot/red pepper/strawberry.

Just wanted to share more juice love!!!
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 202 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 3:24pm
Yummy!
mommytoamelia View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 322 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommytoamelia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 12:35am
that looks really nice. i finally took our juicer out of the box for the first time last week after sitting for 10 yrs lol.
mommy to Jacob 12, Madisen 11, Amelia 7 and Hannah 6 and stepmom to Kris 27.   </a><a hr
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 12:56am
oooh your recipes sound so yummy!!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 352 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 8:51pm
Another new favorite...juice some pineapple. Pour some in your blender with ice and add a banana for a deliciously healthy pineapple banana smoothie. It is Yummy!!
 Post Reply Post Reply