Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Bubble Bubble Toil & Trouble
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: musicmama
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Yoreganics Soap Nuts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kaheels View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote kaheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yoreganics Soap Nuts?
    Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 6:25pm
Has anyone tried Yoreganics Soap Nuts? They are on sale on BabySteals and I wondered if it is worth trying. I am pretty happy with my detergent but I could be up for trying something different if people have had good experiences with this. Especially on sale.
Sponsored Links

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 224 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 8:27am
I washed my diapers with soap nuts for a year. Mainly flats and prefolds then. They worked fine, but were better when I started adding 1-2 Tbs bleach to my loads. Honestly, I wouldn't use them on anything but flats and PFs. I haven't tried this brand of soap nuts.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
BabyRN View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote BabyRN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 10:15am
I started using eco-nuts, but I haven't tried yoreganics. They look like the same thing though. I use eco-nuts on pretty much all of my laundry, though I usually end up putting around 10 nuts in the bag, instead of the 5 the box recommends. I use bleach or oxy-clean with them a lot.  The only problem I've had is trying to get nasty armpit stink/crust out of my husbands undershirts. I have some other detergent on hand if I run into that though. <on anothe rnote.....why do men have such gross armpits?>
Beth, Mom to Sugar Bum and the Cupcake!n giada md
kaheels View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote kaheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 10:23am
Thanks that is helpful. I think I will stick with what I have for now as my skin and dd's skin is sensitive to bleach.

And seriously, men do have gross armpits. How is it that a washing routine that can clean poop and pee cannot get man stink out? My husband keeps blaming the natural detergent for his still stinky shirts, but nothing else stinks. Plus, he liked when I switched because he didn't like the residues the other stuff left. I am going to try adding bac-out to my whites, has anyone had luck with that for BO?
 Post Reply Post Reply