Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - The Creative Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Patterns - cloth diapers and cover reviews | Patterns - Carrier reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Welcome to Creative Corner! This is the place to share tips,
pics of recent projects, and ask questions about all things creative (not just sewing and knitting!)

Think of this as the amateur sports forum. If you intend to sell, market (for example, naming a product), and bring in money with the item you are working on, you are a pro and your post belongs in the WAHM section (the pro sports forum . ) If you are making the item simply out of enjoyment and do not now or ever in the future intend to make money off of the item, not limited to the one shown, but ones like it in the future, it may be posted in the Creative Corner.

Posting business types of threads in Creative Corner is considered a violation of our forum posting policy (specifically rule #2.)

If you need access to the WAHM forum, please PM krisperry or Bectoria.

Made a skirt (too) and Question...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 150 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Made a skirt (too) and Question...
    Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 3:19pm
So I made a cute skirt. It was so fast and easy. I didn't make the bias tape, I just folded over the long edges on themselves and made ties that I atatched. It works, but I have a question...

I didn't even think about the width so I used the 45" wide (a little smaller after it shrunk down) but i have to cross the front to make it fit instead of having it as "open"

Would you leave it how it is or take in the side seams to make it smaller so that you can see the opposite print more in the front?

It is super comfortable but I am not sure how I feel about it. I took pictures but think it looks better IRL since the angles are funky and don't you love my socksEmbarrassedLOL

Oh and the bottom peaks out a bit.... thinking that would be fixed if I cut down the size?

Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 150 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 4:48pm
I decided to shorten the sides...

txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(29)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 115 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 5:57pm
I love the colors you picked!  And I think it looks better cut down for sure.  They look so easy to make - I may almost be inspired enough to make one!

Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 194 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 8:48pm
Great job!! Looks great after you cut it, it's perfect for you!
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 150 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 12:09am
Linda - you can do it I have 2 more ready to sew up tomorrow. I am super excited because they are nice and light for summer and a perfect length. It was super easy, too about an hour to make.

mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 76 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:34am

I love that skirt.  The cut down version looks better.  I don't mind the first one, it looks fine.  the prints you chose are great.

Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 150 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 7:17pm
Not done yet... Here is my next one

I have plenty of the green and dark red to make another one. They were the end of the bolts so I said I would take them. I didn't realize I would have enough to make another skirt though. 3 skirts for $15, not too bad

tough to tell, but the green is not quite so olive and in the middle of the flowers the green is repeated

mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 95 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:43pm
Those are great!
Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 9:55pm
love the colours and the cut. ITA that the second shot looks fantastic!

WTG!!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
yausers_2005 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote yausers_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 10:26pm
cute!
Anna

Mommy to Austin (July '07) and Silas (January '10)! giada
 Post Reply Post Reply