Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - The Creative Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Patterns - cloth diapers and cover reviews | Patterns - Carrier reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Welcome to Creative Corner! This is the place to share tips,
pics of recent projects, and ask questions about all things creative (not just sewing and knitting!)

Think of this as the amateur sports forum. If you intend to sell, market (for example, naming a product), and bring in money with the item you are working on, you are a pro and your post belongs in the WAHM section (the pro sports forum . ) If you are making the item simply out of enjoyment and do not now or ever in the future intend to make money off of the item, not limited to the one shown, but ones like it in the future, it may be posted in the Creative Corner.

Posting business types of threads in Creative Corner is considered a violation of our forum posting policy (specifically rule #2.)

If you need access to the WAHM forum, please PM krisperry or Bectoria.

Cascade 220 on sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 251 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cascade 220 on sale
    Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 5:30pm
Yarn.com (WEBS) is about to start their big yearly sale, which includes a bunch of stuff, including the Cascade.  I also like the Cascade Eco in colors, FWIW.  There is a huge ton of yarn on that hank, and it's a bit sturdier than the 220, so I think it makes more durable woolies.  The sale starts April 1, and will go through May, w/ different yarns being discounted during the two months.  And no, I don't work for them, but I do go to their store when I visit my parents in Western MA Wink!
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 146 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 7:50pm
Thanks for the heads up! I really like cascade but the price just went up at the LYS. I know it has gone up all over so not a surprise but a sale is always fun.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 190 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 8:02pm
Ooh thanks! Now I have to figure out what I want to knit next. I LOVE those Tweeds!!
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 146 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 11:55pm
I was looking through my yarn and realized that I have some cascade Eco that I made some longies for YDS and I agree it works great and does seem more "durable" than the 220 longies that I made. 

musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 251 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 12:12am
Originally posted by stegmanjessica stegmanjessica wrote:

Ooh thanks! Now I have to figure out what I want to knit next. I LOVE those Tweeds!!

Hope the tweeds are included.  I think the paints are, but I can't remember.  You might get more info if you like them on FB.
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
treyp View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 62 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote treyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 9:37pm
Are the superwash included? I need some superwash yarn for me
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 146 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 10:16pm
Looks like Superwash is on sale too here

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 146 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 10:18pm
Oh I really want some Lots on sale!

Post Reply Post Reply