Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

anyone tried black bean chocolate cake (no flour)?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
whm721 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote whm721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone tried black bean chocolate cake (no flour)?
    Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 11:35am

my friend made some the other day and it was delicious.. can't tell there's bean in the cake! gona ask her for the recipe :)

Sponsored Links

KeepItSimple View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote KeepItSimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 1:04pm
Well do share when you get it from her Big smile.  I have heard good things about it before.  I have heard of pinto bean pie before but have never made it.
Jenny,wife to Adam since 1994
SAHMom to:
18. 17. 15. 13. 12. 10. 8. 7. 5. 3.& Eva Joy 6-11-13
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 158 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 2:24pm
I have made black bean brownies  like this http://penniesonaplatter.com/2011/06/22/fudgy-black-bean-brownies/ and they are pretty good. but the best bean thing i have tried is this garbanzo bean cookie cake http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/31/deep-dish-cookie-pie/ i would recommend using garbanzos- just make sure to drain and rinse them. i also reduce the sugar to a heaping 1 c. 
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
horseymama View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Post Options Post Options   Quote horseymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 2:56pm
I have heard of black bean brownies but never black bean cake - definitely share the recipe when you get it!

I've made CCK's garbanzo blondies, but not the cookie cake yet (but I think they're similar) and they were really good.
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(12)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 207 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 2:57pm
I have never made them, but my friend brought me some black bean brownies one time and they were tasty! I want to try the chocolate chip cookie cake/pie one with garbonzo beans - yum! I might rummage and see if I have any beans b/c I am craving something chocolate and trying so hard to stay away from wheat!

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!
whm721 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote whm721 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 5:19pm
its been a while lol but i finally got the recipe! 

i made it today and its soooooooooooooooo good. :) 
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 7:06pm
We've done the brownies here too, but I've never seen a cake recipe before. I'll have to check that out, thanks for sharing.
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 158 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 7:42pm
that looks amazing! one thing has me surprised though- that's how cakey and light it looks! becuase the beans seem like (and definitely with the brownies) made a dense non cake looking texture. did yours look anything like the picture?
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 7:50pm
I was wondering the same since the brownies are so "fudgey".

Did you all see the vanilla version with white beans and coconut flour? Definitely going to have to try that one too.
patsyruss View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote patsyruss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 1:45am
The chocolate cake is one of the mostly eaten cakes of today with hundreds of different varieties, shapes and sizes it amazing how far cookery has come. 

Post Reply Post Reply