Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Frugal Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: taowensf
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Guess what my hubby brought home edited to add pic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rgypsyrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rgypsyrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guess what my hubby brought home edited to add pic
    Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 10:35am
I haven't gotten picts yet but it is very big!  He had mentioned a while back getting a calf, well the kids and I do most chores and I really didn't want to bottle feed a calf.... I don't need to bottle feed it, the farm raised it till it was off milk replacer for him Confused So now we have a 3/4 angus heifer calf, I asked what we are going to do with a cow??? and he told me we'll decide in a year either breed her or eat her. 

So now with the pigs (3) and horses (3) we have a cow....

I seem to be unable to get the pict to load this morning so here is a link to a pict of the calf :-)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Rgypsyrose/040202_171300.jpg

Edited by Rgypsyrose - 09 Apr 2012 at 11:26am
Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 180 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 10:42am
So glad you don't have to bottle feed- ugh! Kids are enough work! lol. I'd vote for having some beef in a year! Hopefully the chores won't be too much more work. I'd love to get a cow since we have a nice building but we don't have enough pasture.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
horseymama View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Post Options Post Options   Quote horseymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 10:48am
Oh, I would LOVE a cow! Sadly we don't have enough room either. Someday when we have a bigger place we are planning on a dairy cow or two and 10-20 beefers. But having one as a surprise wouldn't be quite so nice! Hope she doesn't add too much work for you.
Rgypsyrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rgypsyrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 10:51am
It isn't the day to day feeding that I am worried about.  Cows are hard on things & messy...i am envisioning a trashed lean too with poo everywhere.  I keep it really clean out there, pick up poo daily use hay bags w/ horses so we don't have much hay waste.  We also tend to leave the fence off for safety w/the little ones w/a calf that won't be possible.  But yes beef in a year sounds great :-)
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(30)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 91 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 10:58am
The "surprise" part would frustrate me too!  And it sounds as though it is going to be more work for you to keep the place as clean as you would like.   Hopefully the beef in a year is yummy at least!
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
jessmomto2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote jessmomto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 10:47am
Oh wow!  I can't wait till we get our cows.
Jess

Wife to my Rick (5/04), homeschooling mama to Kara (11) and Aidan (7), and our preemie Anna 12/31/12. Raising our kids to know and love the Lord.
mommy2five0406070911 View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2five0406070911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 3:07pm
I'm building up to getting a calf!!! Currently I have new fence posts and boards ordered to replace the pasture fence and then I have to clean out the barn so probably next year but I am super excited for one.  Had several when I was a kid and now that we moved back to my childhood home I want my kids to experience all that too!!! Goodluck and can't wait to see pics.
Jenn wife to Jamie 5/05 & Mommy of Kai (8),Zay (6),Liv(4),Brady (3),Max (9 months)& 2 dogs and 7 puppies, 5 bunnies, 48 chickens, and 16 ducks!   to,488px)div
ambrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote ambrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 3:13pm
Holy cow!
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 180 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2012 at 3:26pm
Oh boy, yeah, if you are trying to keep things that clean it won't be easy!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
 Post Reply Post Reply