Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Easter Bunny Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dec1st View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dec1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easter Bunny Ideas
    Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:31am
I have no idea if this is in the right sub forum, so mods - feel free to move it as needed.

I don't want my 3 year old just getting chocolate from the Easter bunny, but I have having a hard time coming up with other ideas.  Plus I have very limited time to shop without her.  Unfortunately, I think I waited to long to order online, since shipping to Canada takes longer.

Any one have great ideas?  Most of the stuff I have seen has been horrible plastic shlock.  So far, the only idea I have is a small pack of markers and a colouring book.  We will be at friends house this year, so she will be getting an Easter basket rather than a hunt.
Erin B: mom to Ellie (Nov 2008), Stepmom to C (1997) and V (1996), wife to an amazing man

My Blog
Sponsored Links

bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 263 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:33am
I usually do a few pieces of candy, a movie, a book, and a small stuffed animal. Which reminds me that I really need to get on it! I'm trying to figure out where we will be too - here or in PA with family. I probably won't do the stuffed animal this year for Mason. But Logan saw the commercial for those Fur Real pet things, a bunny one, and wants one SO much. lol But if they're expensive he's not getting one.
Dec1st View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dec1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:52am
Originally posted by bree bree wrote:

I usually do a few pieces of candy, a movie, a book, and a small stuffed animal. Which reminds me that I really need to get on it! I'm trying to figure out where we will be too - here or in PA with family. I probably won't do the stuffed animal this year for Mason. But Logan saw the commercial for those Fur Real pet things, a bunny one, and wants one SO much. lol But if they're expensive he's not getting one.

My sister got Ellie the puppy one for Christmas.   It has a soft coat the insides are robotic and hard. It isn't cuddly, plus if you forget to turn it off, it randomly barks or moves and ends up scaring people.  It isn't a good as the commercials and in our it is frequently referred to as a potential revenge gift.  As in "I hope D has a baby so we can give this d*mn thing back!"LOL

Just my experience.  My you will love having one.
Erin B: mom to Ellie (Nov 2008), Stepmom to C (1997) and V (1996), wife to an amazing man

My Blog
Jake&MattsMom View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 94 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jake&MattsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:54am
I don't do candy in the baskets, but usually do several small toys, books, or games. This year I decided instead of a bunch of small stuff I got them each 2 nice books and a nice but not too expensive toy. I also got them a couple of wii games as a family gift.
Amanda~ Homeschooling mom to- Jacob(11/04), Matthew(12/07), Corinna(11/09) Caleb(3/12) and Baby Jonah(6/14)
northwind View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(18)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 188 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote northwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:59am
I saw a nice idea in Disney's Family Fun magazine that I am going to try this year.  Instead of candy in the plastic eggs, the mother put puzzle pieces.  Then they had to be sure to find all the eggs or the puzzle wouldn't work!!
Katie
Mama to Sylvia (5.5), Penelope (4),and Rosalie (1.5)k
Dec1st View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dec1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 11:01am
Originally posted by northwind northwind wrote:

I saw a nice idea in Disney's Family Fun magazine that I am going to try this year.  Instead of candy in the plastic eggs, the mother put puzzle pieces.  Then they had to be sure to find all the eggs or the puzzle wouldn't work!!

I love that idea!

My Blog
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 263 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 11:07am
Ohhh the puzzle pieces in eggs is a great idea!

Erin, we have the itty bitty puppy ones that cost like $8. They got them for Christmas two years ago because Logan saw them in the checkoutline and FREAKED out over them. He still loves them. ha! He's a freak about animals. I think the bunny ones are just tiny too. I considered getting him the big walking dog last Christmas but it's white and girly looking and well, he's a messy boy. ha!
Dec1st View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dec1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 11:15am
We have the mid-sized version.  Maybe it would be better if she was a year older...

My Blog
rebekahc View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rebekahc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 11:16am
We don't do much candy either.  My girls are each getting a little chocolate bunny, two books, a pair of rainboots, and one other thing.  Naomi will get a gymnastics leotard since she just started that last month and Leah will get something else--not sure what.  We usually just hide some small things like balloons and coins in eggs, but I like the puzzle piece idea too!
Rebekah ~ mother to Naomi Ray (8/30/07) and Leah Kay (09/09/09), married to Paul.

www.thecarswellfamily.blogspot.com
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 192 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 12:21pm
we do a little candy or some annies bunny gummies, then a book, a couple small toys and sometimes a dvd or stuffed animal. growing up we always got a bathing suit and flip flops, a stuffed animal and lots of candy. we did that for ds twice with the bathing suit but haven't done it since I had dd. maybe thisyear! 
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 32 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 12:23pm
Love the puzzle piece idea!

I'm doing a little more this year than I normally would since that's about when this newbie is expected. I'm using the opportunity to give them some new distractions ;)

For ODS (in a beach bucket):
2 leapfrog tag books
This kids kitchen tools set http://www.amazon.com/Curious-Chef-8-Piece-Cutlery-Serving/dp/B002OSOI18/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1332946744&sr=8-6 (I really just wanted the knives that Sunnymom recommended, but I found this set for uber cheap & with free shipping on ebay.) I also thought about printing out some online kids recipes and making a little book out of them for him, but I haven't had a chance to look around for a good source with pictures yet.
A punch balloon
New crayons
A couple cheap pots & a pack of flower seeds (maybe gloves if I can find any, maybe a spritz bottle too)
Eggs filled with little candies

For YDS (in a beach bucket):
Foam bath letters
Matchbox cars
A punch balloon
New crayons
A dollar store apron
Eggs filled with little candies

Edited by jberrec - 28 Mar 2012 at 12:29pm
Julie-

Wife, Mama to DS1 (6), DS2 (4), DS3 (2) and DS4 (baby)
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 32 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 12:25pm
The flip flops and bathing suit idea is smart too!
Julie-

Wife, Mama to DS1 (6), DS2 (4), DS3 (2) and DS4 (baby)
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 127 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 2:59pm
The boys will get candy from the grandparents.  From us Charlie is getting a nanoblock kit because he is obsessed with constructing things.  Sam is getting a ball and glove because he is obsessed with balls (lol!)
Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 3:38pm
I skip the egg hunt at this age (2) simply because I want to avoid the candy. I bought some of those fillable eggs and I will put some bunny gummies in them. The Annie's brand. I also usually do a book and small inexpensive toys like sidewalk chalk and bubles. I also made an oil and water shaker with sparkles and little ocean beads.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
RachandSoph View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachandSoph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2012 at 3:53pm
Sand toys(this year)...the buckets will be their baskets.
clothes(this year)
rubber boots
little purse or lunch bag as the easter basket(last year)
ikea kid chair(two years ago)

....these are all things I've done in past. Some are more expensive than others, but helps cut down on treats.

Edited by RachandSoph - 30 Mar 2012 at 3:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply