Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Frugal Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: taowensf
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Ordering Contacts Online?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rebekahc View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rebekahc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ordering Contacts Online?
    Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:47pm
Has anyone done this?  Can you give me a recommendation on a site/company to use?  DH just got a new contact prescription, but the Air Optix aqua that he needs are $39 a box at Walmart.  I found them a bunch of places online for a lot cheaper, but I'm leery of doing it without any experience to know whether or not it's a reputable company, how long they'll take to come in, etc.  Thanks for any help!
Rebekah ~ mother to Naomi Ray (8/30/07) and Leah Kay (09/09/09), married to Paul.

www.thecarswellfamily.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links

3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:50pm
Wal-mart price matches so you could print off the rates of the other sites and take them to WM to get the better rate too.
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
rebekahc View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rebekahc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:58pm
Hmmm--I didn't think of that! I wonder if it works for the vision center, or if that is an independent sort of business housed within the WalMart?
Rebekah ~ mother to Naomi Ray (8/30/07) and Leah Kay (09/09/09), married to Paul.

rebekahc View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rebekahc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 6:01pm
Well, I just called, and they don't price match, so boo.  LOL

northwind View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(18)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 80 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote northwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 6:24pm
I've ordered through 1-800 Contacts online before.  It went fine.  I can't remember lead times or anything like that.
Katie
Mama to Sylvia (5.5), Penelope (4),and Rosalie (1.5)k
RebeccaL View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Perennial Pinner
9 years 176 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote RebeccaL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:48pm
I had a HORRIBLE experience with 1-800 contacts (phone ordering before web ordering).

I really liked clearlycontacts.ca and I think the American website is coastalcontacts.com but they are the same company.  they even will allow you to pay AFTER you receive your order.
Rebecca, Wife to André Oct/11. EDD Feb 1/15
3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 9:31am
If the vision center is owned by wm then they price match. I used to work there. Also all wm orders are processed through 1800contacts.
rebekahc View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rebekahc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:03am
Thanks for the replies, ladies!  We'll see how the order turns out, but I ended up going with 1800 contacts.  They had a really easy price match policy (the vision center manager wouldn't do it).  All I did was call the number and talked with someone, and she pulled up the competitor's site and matched everything, including free shipping.  So, it was only $19 something a box instead of $38 and I was done in 5 minutes.  Also, they moved the status from "verifying RX" to "shipped" within 4 hours of my phone call, so hopefully they'll be here soon and everything will be good to go.

GoldenEmpress View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 163 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoldenEmpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 9:53am
Rebekah, what website did you find them so cheap on?  I'm going to try that the next time I get contacts!  Last time it was $150 some odd bucks for 4 boxes!
~Elizabeth

Daughter of the King of Kings, wife to an amazing man(6/12/04), mother of DS(7/11), and furkids Charlotte (6/05) & Athena (5/07)k
rebekahc View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rebekahc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:36am
I just gogled the kind of contact lenses I wanted and it came up with a bunch of sites that were all really cheap--around the same price.  I think it was lens direct or lens savers or something like that.  It doesn't really matter what website it is, just find a cheap one and then 1800 contacts will match it!

3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:46am
I'm really appalled at the VCM. WM has very explicit rules about price matching and there is a box on the order screen where you anjust the price. I'd go over her head and complain, but I'm glad you got it worked out.
rebekahc View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rebekahc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 11:51am
Yes, I was thinking that I might do something like that just to let them know that they could have had my business but didn't get it and why.  We'll see if I actually take the time to do it, though!  LOL

Post Reply Post Reply