Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | sunnymom | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

where to get a good deal on shoes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 158 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where to get a good deal on shoes
    Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 4:06pm
Dd is out of her 7s pretty much and the 8.5 pair we have is really big on her- might be the brand too- and our hot weather cooled back down so wearing her sandals is out now. I always hit up nordstroms annual shoe sale in June and get each kid a couple pairs but I don't think we can wait that long for her. I really like getting nice shoes because the few times I bought cheapy shoes they just don'r fit right and come of, trip her up, etc. it's not worth it. 
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
Sponsored Links

Jake&MattsMom View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 54 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jake&MattsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 4:32pm
I've had good luck ordering from 6pm.com. The in season stuff isn't discounted as much, but I've still gotten good deals.
Amanda~ Homeschooling mom to- Jacob(11/04), Matthew(12/07), Corinna(11/09) Caleb(3/12) and Baby Jonah(6/14)
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 144 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 4:36pm
I shop Lands End clearance. When I can find them in the right size they are inexpensive (usually around $10) and they hold up really well! I just got the kids their sandals from there last month and for 3 pairs it was around $35 and last years sandals still have wear left for YDS to grow into
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 158 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 4:39pm
I did check 6 pm but they were still all like $30.. I was hoping to get something cheaper than that

I will look at lands end now
taowensf View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(160)

Perennial Pinner
9 years 142 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote taowensf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 6:32pm
I might have some StrideRite's I was planning on selling pretty cheaply--have to double-check sizes. LMK if you're interested?
~Tess~
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 187 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 6:56pm
You can keep an eye on Baby Steals and Baby Half Off...sites like that often get Stride Rites, See Kai Run, etc. I just got William a nice pair of Stride Rite tennis shoes for $25ish including shipping! 
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
Jake&MattsMom View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 54 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jake&MattsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:49am
Zulily has crocs on sale starting today. Shipping takes forever, but the prices are good.
Amanda~ Homeschooling mom to- Jacob(11/04), Matthew(12/07), Corinna(11/09) Caleb(3/12) and Baby Jonah(6/14)
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 158 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:18am
crocs are what we have for sumer. the main problem with them is that she is getting out of 7s, so the size she has is 8/9 which is a bit too big- but she loves them anyway. and now this morning it's in the 30s (what a drop from the high 80s!) so those are out. 
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(12)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 195 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 4:01pm
Can she just wear them with thick socks when it's not too cold or wet? I was going to suggest 6PM.com - I got some Keens for the kids last year for around $15 each (sadly they were both too small for them, I need to post them on here or eBay or something). Also thrift stores or consignment might be good options if you get a chance to go. All 3 kids have namebrand crocs for this summer for $2 each - practically brand new ones for both girls (one pair are the mary jane style and have the little charm thingies in them, not sure what they are called). DS's are worn, but he was still thrilled and it bought me some time to find a good deal on a newer pair for him. 

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!
rebekahc View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rebekahc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:34pm
I've gotten shoes at rei-outlet (merrell hikers for $12), land's end (sandals and mary janes for $8-$10), and for an actual store that you can go to, I'd check out jumping bean shoes from kohl's.  They often have great sales and clearance ($4-$12) and they are nice, flexible soles and a good fit.  Otherwise, goodwill or consignment sales are great.  It's time for consignment sales around here--good luck!
Rebekah ~ mother to Naomi Ray (8/30/07) and Leah Kay (09/09/09), married to Paul.

www.thecarswellfamily.blogspot.com
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 158 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 12:24pm
i guess i should just head to stores and search for sales. we don't have any great consignment stores around here- we used to have 2 kids but they closed.. we do have a salvation army about 15 minutes away but I haven't ever had luck there. 
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 158 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 4:29pm
I went to marshalls/home goods today and they had tons of super cute sandals that dd wanted, but we got a pink and white athletic mary jane style shoe- it's carters, was very flexible and dd walked around happily in them- for $12. They had cute converse I tried to talk her into but she refused to even try them on Confused many other pairs I held up she shouted "too big! no!" and would hide her feet. So other than sparkley impractical shoes or sandals we didn't need, it was the only pair she liked. i can tell i am in trouble with her already not even two and constantly battling me on clothes and shoes!
SouthEastMomma View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(3)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 353 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote SouthEastMomma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 4:39pm
glad you found some!  we're very lucky to have a stride rite outlet here.  we buy all their shoes there.
Lauren
Married to Jeremiah
Mom to Oscar (9), Archer (6), Odin & Hugo (2)
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 245 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:03pm
Glad you two could agree on a pair ;) lol How cute.

As for Crocs, check out their 'electro' style. That's the only style I buy for the boys because they come in single sizes. Logan's still fitting in his 7s from last summer but needs to size up. Mason still can wear his 9s, but I need to size him up too.
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 158 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:46pm
i will, thanks Bree! dd and ds have big feet- he is in 11.5-12 and she is in 7-8
 Post Reply Post Reply