Forum Home Forum Home - Welcome! - Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Welcome To Diaper Pin!  We are glad you've found us!

We have a wealth of information available to you in reviews, articles and through our members in our forums. 

Intros is a great place to start and tell us a little about yourself and where you are starting out cloth diapering.   The easiest way to start learning is jumping in and participating!

getting my toes wet...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hollystar View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote hollystar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: getting my toes wet...
    Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 1:54am
Hello from silicon valley!

our family recently expanded with our 2nd child (baby girl, born feb3) and so did my obsession with "doing whats best for baby". our son had a lot of skin issues as an infant that i'm pretty sure would have been prevented had we used cloth diapers and more natural skin care products. unfortunately, at the time of his issues, i was too overwhelmed to really dive into the "HUGE" change to cloth diapering and we just swapped over to chlorine free disposables and stopped using skin "protecting" diaper rash creams with zinc oxide and his problems were mostly solved.

anywho, fast forward to our 2nd child and we're doing our best to CD our little lady. while we know each child is different, why chance it if we can make this change from the start?

Currently we're using the gdiapers system (which i'm noticing aren't that popular around some of the forums and some of the super cute online cloth diaper boutiques) but i'm getting my toes wet with a few different AIOs and getting more interested in some of those adorable covers. i'm really trying to make CDing out of the house easier and, for some reason, i think an AIO will be a good starting point for me.

the first few CDs i put on our little lady i have to admit i hated. but the longer we use them, each time i wash & and reassemble them, the more i love them.

i look forward to meeting more forum members and learning as much as i can!
Sponsored Links

musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 253 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 2:15am
Welcome!  Feel free to ask any questions in Diaper Chatter (or any of the forums, really).  We love to help Smile.

It's hard to adjust to the bulk of cloth after using the ever-trimmer disposables.  I know it was strange for me--my first was 2yrs, and my second was 1.5mo.  Now, I don't even think about it.  The adorable prints help with that though.  I use a lot of pockets & covers w/ prints that I love to put on my little one.
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
mommy2five0406070911 View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2five0406070911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 8:19am

Welcome!!! Good for you for trying to avoid what could be a possibility too and give it enough time and after you find what system you like the best and you will fall in love with CDing so much!!!

With that being said I have used almost every system out and about and I find that I love the ease of my AIO bumGenius elemental but I also use my Flip with a stay dry insert and even prefolds with covers aren't too hard to do.  You should try some of the famed brands that the ladies rave about here and see if you like them better than the gDiapers.  I have never tried gDiapers but when I read about them it seems like they have leak issues.  Well Goodluck and ask away like Christine said in the diaper chatter because the ladies here are AWESOME!
Jenn wife to Jamie 5/05 & Mommy of Kai (8),Zay (6),Liv(4),Brady (3),Max (9 months)& 2 dogs and 7 puppies, 5 bunnies, 48 chickens, and 16 ducks!   to,488px)div
 Post Reply Post Reply