Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: ambrose
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Wraps used as hammocks??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 16 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wraps used as hammocks??
    Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 11:52am
Has anyone ever used their wrap as a baby bed/hammock? I never would have thought to do such a thing, but I was looking at the gallery photos on Didymos (fighting the temptation to buy one for YDD for this summer) and saw quite a few pics like that. How cool! I would love that option for itty bitty babies (one had it stretched across a pack-n-play, an alternative to a bassinet I guess). How nice would it be to have such a portable bed option?

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!k
Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(18)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 330 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 2:15pm
I have a portable hammock (this one) it is too big to go in a PnP (we mounted it from the wall in a corner) but now we have it hanging from the ceiling in the LR set up like a swing and the big kids LOVE IT!! YDS likes to sit in it too and who doesn't love to have a swing inside

I was soooo tempted to invest in a Happy Hangup with YDS and I should have just done it. It has a bit more "structure" and I think he would have liked it more, though he did like the hammock, I think the shape/style of the Happy Hangup would have worked a bit better.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
ambrose View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote ambrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 3:47pm
I'd be a hesitant to do that with an itty bity for various safety reasons. I'd be especially concerned about having the head/neck smushed the wrong way. But maybe if I knew more about how to do it right I'd be OK w/it?
bcnyman View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 75 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bcnyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 1:07am
We've hung up our wraps for the kids to have a play hammock, but never as a sleeping area.  The
kids loved it, though, they'd sit on it and read, or swing.  Obviously, just off the ground!
Courtney- mama to WillowMae, Graham, Milo and Genevieve!
 Post Reply Post Reply