Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Diono/Radian Angle Adjuster!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunnymom View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(26)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 184 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diono/Radian Angle Adjuster!
    Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 5:11pm
I just ordered this.  Has anyone used it? what did you think?

I love our radian seat but really dislike that the boot/foot thingie is required for rearfacing because imo it prevents installation in some vehicles.  i couldn't get the seat/boot to install rearfacing in any subarus (our old and my mom's new forester, our old wrx, outback at the dealership), a honda fit, volvo wagon, nor in a rental van we had.  RF in dh's prius and forward facing, it is a dream to install imo.  :)  BUT rearfacing, the recline was way too much for an older kid, and it made it impossible to sit in the front of the car, all because of the inflexible boot.  i think there was talk of a second, 30-degree boot but i guess the angle adjuster is what we have for now.  ? Not sure about that though. 

Anyway.  it is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  hopefully this will let E go back to RF in my car, then K can use it after to RF once she outgrows the true fit's RF limit of 35 lbs.  we turned E a month ago because, fully dressed, she is very nearly 35 lbs.  the radian would let her rf to 40.   :)
Mama to E (9.2008), K (11.2010), O (11.2012)

Maker of organic solid lotions, balms, sunscreens, and insect repellent at On Hand Lotions
Sponsored Links

mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 104 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 6:11pm
Please do update. I couldn't get the radian 65 to rf in my van with any room in the front seat. Tell us everything!
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 107 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 7:37pm
i'm all "ears" too!!!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
BrittanyM View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(61)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 94 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrittanyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 8:04pm
You have Radians now? I thought you used to have a True Fit? (Or am I getting you mixed up?)
Wife To Timothy (Nov. 2007) and Mommy to Tirzah (12.31.08), Elijah (12.24.10) and Samuel (with Jesus, 1.19.13)   k <a href=http://mariapayd
sunnymom View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(26)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 184 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 8:31pm
We have one radian 65 and three true fits.  and a stubborn backseat ('04 subaru forester).  :S 

i really love the true fits because they offer so much room for the kiddo and don't take up a ton of room front-to-back.  dh can actually drive with a RF true fit behind him in the prius but e is just at the limit for that seat.  i really want to keep e rearfacing if possible considering how much we are on the road.  :)

Maker of organic solid lotions, balms, sunscreens, and insect repellent at On Hand Lotions
groupp View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote groupp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 12:50am
I was wondering about those too I just recently saw them was I was researching for a new spare seat. I can get a RF install in the middle on my CRV but it's really tight on my seat. Keep us updated on how it works for you.
wife, nurse, and mama to Jackson 4 y.o.

giada md
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 280 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 4:01am
I am waiting to get a radian for ds2 and just added this to my amazon cart as well to wait until I have the money to spring for it.  It is a great idea!  For sure let us know how it works. 
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 184 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 10:00am
Do let me know!! We love the radians and I am able to get a more upright install in our van (thanks to some tricks) but that looks really nifty! So you use that and not the boot and it is just as safe?
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
sunnymom View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(26)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 184 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 11:07am
You still have to use the boot, which is annoying, but it raises the back of the seat enough so the angle is reduced.  :)  i am way too excited about this.  Embarrassed

BrittanyM View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(61)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 94 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrittanyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 2:29pm
That is awesome you've managed to keep her RFing so long! We love our FYTFs, especially now that we can keep DS RFing even with the headrest on in our Toyota Sienna!
Wife To Timothy (Nov. 2007) and Mommy to Tirzah (12.31.08), Elijah (12.24.10) and Samuel (with Jesus, 1.19.13)   k <a href=http://mariapayd
opsmama View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Post Options Post Options   Quote opsmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 3:39pm
I love mine! It actually gives Teddy more growing room too since it makes it so upright. We have a Civic and our passenger seat finally has leg room.

The seat unfortunately wouldnt even be able to be installed rfing without the boot. The belt path would be so low that the belt would sit half way in and out of the belt path, which is a big no-no.
Lillian Mama to Explorers Owen -9/26/06 & Teddy -12/13/08

<---DH with newborn Owen. I am not a bearded man. ;)ocumentyle>.a
sunnymom View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(26)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 184 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 9:00am
okay so i finally found the boot (it was packed) and got to play a little. I can get a solid rf install in the center of the forester with the adjuster! Had to twist the stalk twice and it took probably 20 minutes but it went in. (The true fit of course is way too wide to fit next to it though so it was just for experimentation.) Still coudnt get a totally solid install outboard with latch, but could get an okay/less than 1" movement with seatbelt. but dh still couldnt drive with a rf seat behind the drivers seat. He was comfy with it rf in the center though.

Hypothetically i think i could do ff/rf/ff radians in the forester and in the prius too. They wont fit side by side ff or rf though.

sunnymom View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(26)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 184 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 9:07am
lilian that .makes sense. I just wish it was okay to use a pool noodle or something; the pointy nub on the old style boot makes it tough to install in some cars.

So at this point if we want to put k in the middle and e outboard, and puzzle them to make room for a passenger back there (me on long trips) we would need to get another radian. Ouch.

I cant wait to try this in the prius when dh gets home. :)

Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 280 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 3:35pm

oops double post

Edited by Nuttygirl - 28 Mar 2012 at 3:41pm
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 280 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 3:41pm
I just got my radian and the adjuster and installed it rear facing in my minivan in the middle row bucket seat.  With the adjuster it fits behind the passenger seat just fine and we didn't have to move it at all from where we had our old rear facing comfort sport (an old model that I think was a bit shorter than the new ones).  It would not have fit without it.  We are very excited about it.  At least I am Tongue.  We will probably keep ds2 in there in that position until we have another baby and then move it forward facing for a few months until the new baby gets to big for the infant seat.
expectingnumber2 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 65 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 5:16pm
Is everyone still liking their angle adjuster?  I've been waiting until I had other things to order from Amazon so I could get free shipping but finally ordered one last night.  I'm hoping it works well in our van.  We have a solid install right now with DD2 RF but it would be nice to have her a little more upright so I'm hoping it works.  Hopefully it will be here before #3 comes so we can get in to get both seats checked then.
Michelle wife to Brian mom to DD1 (5/13/06), DD2 (4/23/10) and DD3 (5/8/12)   
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 287 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 1:25am
I'M wondering too. I ordered it but have to wait weeks. Its supposed to make the RA work in the Oddyssey +1 seat.
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 280 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2012 at 3:41am
We still like it.  I have a really solid install with it and it was really easy to put in under the seat.  Ds2 did take a bite out of the corner because he needs to taste everything but it doesn't affect its function.  Without it dh wouldn't be able to sit in the passenger seat in our van with the seat installed behind it so we definitely need it.
 Post Reply Post Reply