Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Newborn covers....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 263 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newborn covers....
    Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 1:01am
Do you think that this would be enough?
2 xs longies
2 xs knit covers
1 xs interlock cover
1 nb wool wrap
4 PUL covers
*maybe a pair of woolybottoms

It will be used over various fitteds and workhorses. I have a dozen PFs as backup. I'll be honest, I'm hoping to finish my nb stash by the end of the month so then I can work on the bigger sizes that last longer Embarrassed

Oh, and do you think sleep sacks are necessary? Or just a nice convience? Make night changes easier or just as easy to change a fitted and slap on a wrap? 
Sponsored Links

sunsmiles View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(29)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 210 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunsmiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 1:21am
I *think* so as long as you are willing to not procrastinate with washing your wool. . Even though I used good fitting fitteds poop still escaped on to the wool covers a decent amount with all that explosive newborn poop. As long as you keep up with keeping the woolies clean I think you should be okay.

I don't think sleep sacks are necessary, just a nice and cute convenience.
Meghan

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world." -Mahatma Gandhi    
Jake&MattsMom View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 93 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jake&MattsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 7:32am
I might get a couple more PUL covers, but then again I am not a big fan of washing wool.  There's no way I could have kept up with woolie washing with the amount of poosploding my LOs have done as newborns unless I had a massive stash of wool.  Mine have almost always gotten at least a little poo on the covers no matter what type of diaper I was using.
Amanda~ Homeschooling mom to- Jacob(11/04), Matthew(12/07), Corinna(11/09) Caleb(3/12) and Baby Jonah(6/14)
sunnymom View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(26)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 184 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 8:10am
I would also get maybe two more pul. Not much leaking into the cover here, but my kiddos' covers needed to air out especially if they pooped, which was like every hour, or if they totally soaked the diaper, which was what, every 15 minutes?    We had a lot of pul covers (and 8 pieces of wool) and used them all every laundry cycle.
Mama to E (9.2008), K (11.2010), O (11.2012)

Maker of organic solid lotions, balms, sunscreens, and insect repellent at On Hand Lotions
mom4moju View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 8:11am
DroolBig smile  All that wool is really nice! That looks good to me.  What kind of PUL covers are you going to use? 
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
sunnymom View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(26)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 184 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunnymom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 8:15am
what I described sounds like a huge stash but with less it was tough to keep up with laundry with two in dipes. :)

Oh and sleepsacks - I still used a soaker or wrap underneath because otherwise, her shirt and bent-up froggy legs would get wet from a soaked diaper   
Mama to E (9.2008), K (11.2010), O (11.2012)

Maker of organic solid lotions, balms, sunscreens, and insect repellent at On Hand Lotions
jberrec View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 32 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote jberrec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 8:27am
I think that should be good. And if not I think you'll know soon enough. I ended up ordering 1 more xs Thirsties after my last guy was born and I got it in plenty of time to get a lot of use out of it. And now you could go with a size 1 and get even more, but you may totally not need it.

I've never understood how their shirt wouldn't get wet with a sleepsack.
Julie-

Wife, Mama to DS1 (6), DS2 (4), DS3 (2) and DS4 (baby)
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 263 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 9:05am
Never thought about the shirt getting damp in a sleepsack!

I have a Rumparooz NB cover and an XS thirsties already. I got them during a black friday sale *right* after I found out I was pg. *embarassed*  LOL I'm waiting til we find out boy or girl to order more. I think I'm going to get size 1 duo wraps. Maybe a mini coverall. Or Bummis Lite Wrap. Never know! lol
mommy2five0406070911 View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2five0406070911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 9:33am
I would have loved to try the mini coverall because if it fits like our bigger coveralls do it would have worked out nice.  I think thirsties duos would be great for newbie too.  The only issue I had with newbie wool was the compression leaking because he didn't move much but I didn't have problems with leaking poo from the fitteds under it.
Jenn wife to Jamie 5/05 & Mommy of Kai (8),Zay (6),Liv(4),Brady (3),Max (9 months)& 2 dogs and 7 puppies, 5 bunnies, 48 chickens, and 16 ducks!   to,488px)div
RachandSoph View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachandSoph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 12:53pm
Bree, what about just using the traveling treasure box(pinpals) for the NB pul covers?
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 2:07pm
I love using sleepsacks and still do.  Unless you meant ones that also double as diaper covers?  If so, then I have no experience with those.  I had an A&A muslin sleep sack for summer and a fleece one for winter.  Benjamin knows when he goes into his sleep sack (which is only for night, not naps) that beddy-by is coming... Smile
Tracy
Tracy - married (June 2006), DS (August 2011)
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 263 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 12:07am
Tracy, I meant the wool ones to use as covers! But I think I'm going to try the sleepsac thing this time as well. Mason hated to be swaddled. Logan had to be slowly weaned off it. lol So we'll see how this babe acts!

Mikia, I was going to be Meghan is up before me and I don't want to take the chance that she won't be done before I need them and then I have to order last minute. I figure it can skip me and go to Emily... I think she's next up.
 Post Reply Post Reply