Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Introduction to Cloth Diapering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: txmom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Is a wet bag the same as a laundry bag?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vzlaw1 View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote vzlaw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is a wet bag the same as a laundry bag?
    Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 4:52pm

We were at TJmax the other day and saw they have laundry bags. I’ve never heard of a “wet bag” until recently.

Just wondering if they are the same.

Thanks!!!

BTW- were still new to this- sorry for the funky question

Sponsored Links

stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(25)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 4 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 4:54pm
It just depends if it is waterproof. True wetbags can hold some serious amounts of liquid inside; I have (in the past) rinsed out a poopy diaper in a friends' toilet and thrown the whole sopping mess into my diaper bag wetbag and nothing else got wet but the inside of that bag. I can literally pour running water into it and nothing comes out of any seams. So if the laundry bags you saw advertize to be 100% waterproof, they'll probably work for you!
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7.5), Jeanine (5.5), and William (4)
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(25)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 4 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 4:54pm
Oh and welcome to the Pin!!
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7.5), Jeanine (5.5), and William (4)
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(35)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 28 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 5:03pm
What she said!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), and a baby boy coming in May.
vzlaw1 View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote vzlaw1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 5:04pm

Oh I see, I’ve never seen a “wet bag” in person, so I didn’t know what type of material it should be. I was thinking it was a mesh like material for some reason. But I will look for the 100% waterproof tag.

Once the soiled pre-folds are ready to be washed, can I throw the whole bag in the machine without taking them out?

Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(35)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 28 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 5:10pm
You'll probably want to dump the diapers out and wash the bag inside out. If you don't, you'll just have a puddle inside the bag at the end of the wash cycle.
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), and a baby boy coming in May.
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 7:31pm
The wetbags of cd'ing are more akin to gym bags that you put wet swimsuits or sweaty sweatsuits in.
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(12)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 290 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 4:54pm
With a little practice, you can empty the wetbag into the washer without touching any nastiness.  But I agree, I have put some major wetness in my bags and they had held up well for over 4 years now.  We are at the runny BF baby poo stage so a dependable wet bag is a must.
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
 Post Reply Post Reply