Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elus0814 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 257 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote elus0814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 714
    Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 10:57am
That's how many sposies are in the house right now Ermm

I feel like the worst cloth diaperer ever. I've been overwhelmed with keeping up on laundry, we have a diaper stink issue that takes hours of rinsing every load to take care of, and DH isn't a big fan of cloth anyway (he's doing more changes now).

So DH, being the great guy that he is, went on amazon and bought a huge case of underjams for each of the older kids and a huge case of diapers for each of the younger ones. Then he bought smaller packs at the commissary so we could use sposies until the big cases arrived. Not sure if I want to yell at him for spending all that money or hug him for wanting to keep me from having to do extra work LOL
SAHM to DD 9/04, DS 12/05, DS 3/09, DD 9/10, DD 2/12, and DS 9/13
Sponsored Links

MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 11:50am
Take a break if you need to! NO GUILT! You're an awesome Mama either way :) And hubby sounds like a sweetheart to see that you needed a break!
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 250 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:49pm
Cut yourself some slack, mama!
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 213 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:49pm
With such a long wash routine, washing diapers for 3 with a newborn sounds fairly exhausting. Once this newborn phase is over, you'll find a new groove and get back into it. No reason to feel guilt, mama!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
eightcowwife View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(2)

Perennial Pinner
10 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote eightcowwife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 12:51pm
Don't feel guilty!! I had to do sposies with the twins when they first arrived to ave my sanity.
Anna
Mama to
Hannah, Ben, Emma, Hiram, Lorelei And Twins!!
Annalysha and Oliver born July 28 '10
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 245 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 1:21pm
That's a lot of sposies, Liz. BUT just think of how long it would take you to wash that many cloth diapers! Take the break, you deserve it. No guilt.
elus0814 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 257 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote elus0814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 1:26pm
Thanks ladies. I'm stressed over it right now. Putting the spouses on the changing table felt great, like a weight was lifted but I feel awful having bought newborn cloth diapers that are now going unused not to mention all the garbage that hundreds of sposies creates. At least I've kept myself from buying paper towels and paper plates Thumbs Up
SAHM to DD 9/04, DS 12/05, DS 3/09, DD 9/10, DD 2/12, and DS 9/13
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 213 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 2:53pm
Well, your NB diapers will stay in excellent condition for selling. And, the garbage is still a fraction of what it would be if you sposied full time. No worries! :)

Edited by Clare_S - 02 Mar 2012 at 2:53pm
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 7:33pm
Liz! You had the baby! I don't know how I missed this....congratulations!!!
And sposie up a storm if you have to (you do have enough sposies to do it!)
3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 7:37pm
I always try to remind people that cloth diapering is not an all or nothing proposition. But I too have always felt extremely guilt riden every time there's been a sposie otb since we started cloth. It's not forever.
Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
Tracy_S View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Member Rating(3)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 103 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tracy_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by 3boysMom 3boysMom wrote:

I always try to remind people that cloth diapering is not an all or nothing proposition. But I too have always felt extremely guilt riden every time there's been a sposie otb since we started cloth. It's not forever.

This! Thumbs Up

I've been using 90% sposies the last two days because I have a cold and we are very concerned with me getting enough rest (fatigue is a big thing with MS).  The change table is upstairs and this saves like 6-8 trips upstairs carrying the 20lb+ bruiser.  (I am seeing I am going to have to be EVEN more flexible with the sposie use than I have been.)  But like this post says, it isn't an all or nothing thing. Wink
Tracy
Tracy - married (June 2006), DS (August 2011)
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 199 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 9:11pm
A sposie break is a good thing for the sanity sometimes!!!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 71 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 10:02pm
Wow,, that is a lot.  Try not to feel guilty.  Sometimes we all need a break.  With three in cloth, and a new baby I can see why you needed  a break.  I think it is pretty sweet of your DH to realize you need a break and to help you out that way.
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 68 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 1:27pm
how sweet of your DH!! :)
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
 Post Reply Post Reply