Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

bumble bum seat ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 81 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bumble bum seat ???
    Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 11:05am
Okay so I am trying to figure out a possible 3 across in DH's car.  Joseph is 5 currently.  Will be 5.5 by the time the baby is born.  DH has morning duty at the house and currently drives a Toyota Camry.  We have two graco nautalis seats in his car.  Come Setember Joseph will be in Kindergarden and will ride the bus. 

My issue is on the very few days where he doesn't have school and I don't have the day off DH will need to take all three to DC.  I know there is now way I can get two GN and an infant seat in the back.  But I thought maybe a bumle bum seat between the infant seat and one GN.  Joseph is tall, 49in right now. 

I could drive DH's car to work and he take the van and then I would drive to his work after I get off and switch vehicles but DH isn't too keen on that idea. 

What to you all think.  Would it be a good option for very occasional use/emergencies type situations. 
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
Sponsored Links

KeepItSimple View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote KeepItSimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 2:07pm
I think Bectoria has one and loves it- but I could be wrong on that.  Hopefully she can jump in here.  They seem like a great option IMO.  I would happily take one-, or 2 or 3 LOL to give up the big clunky ones we have now.
Jenny,wife to Adam since 1994
SAHMom to:
18. 17. 15. 13. 12. 10. 8. 7. 5. 3.& Eva Joy 6-11-13
Bectoria View Drop Down
Pincorporated
Pincorporated

Member Rating(43)

Perennial Pinner
9 years 244 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bectoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:02pm

We use one in dh's car for dd1.  DD2 will likely be getting on in there, too (she's also 5.5 - has used it several times and the car isn't our main car).  In your situation, I would totally use one!  It's kind of a pain to buckle as it has to be routed through the buckle every time.  There are some videos on youtube that show what I'm talking about.  A 5.5 year old can generally handle it, though.

Becky
SAHM to DD1 (9), DD2 (7), and DD3 (3)
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 81 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:06pm
Thanks Becky and Jenny

Becky-- do you remember where you bought yours?
Emily Wife to Jake
RachandSoph View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachandSoph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:21pm
Amazon has it.
Selah925 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(83)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 5 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Selah925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:54pm
I have no clue about that seat, but I was just amazed that he is 49inches!  Smile  Aidan is 44 1/2 right now and he is 3-4 months older than your Joseph!  
Mommie to "A"(11/06), "I" (9/08), "E" (7/10), "O" (3/12), & twins (1/11/14)
**PM me if interested in getting started with Young Living Oils.**
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 81 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Selah925 Selah925 wrote:

I have no clue about that seat, but I was just amazed that he is 49inches!  Smile  Aidan is 44 1/2 right now and he is 3-4 months older than your Joseph!  

LOL  Yeah. He has really gotten taller this winter.  He all long legs and arms.  Dh is tall and DH's grandpa and uncles are tall over 6'2"  My uncle and Grandpa are/were really tall. 

Thanks Mikia-- didn't even think to check amazon

Edited by mamma22boys - 27 Feb 2012 at 4:05pm
Emily Wife to Jake
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 260 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:16pm
We got one at Amazon, and have been using it for a few months now.  Not an all-the-time seat, but definitely handy.  G just turned 6 and is 42lbs and on the short side.  I feel comfortable w/ him in it because he's not one to wiggle around (same as for any booster, really).
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
Jake&MattsMom View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
6 years 65 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jake&MattsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 6:35pm
We've been using ours for a few months in our second car and it's great for shortish trips.  We've gone on 2 hour trips with him on it and he starts to complain towards the end of the drive.  The bubblebum is definitely a big help for 3 across! 
Amanda~ Homeschooling mom to- Jacob(11/04), Matthew(12/07), Corinna(11/09) Caleb(3/12) and Baby Jonah(6/14)
 Post Reply Post Reply