Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Introduction to Cloth Diapering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: txmom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Flip covers/newborn inserts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zsoka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote zsoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flip covers/newborn inserts
    Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 9:47pm
Hi all, 

We are expecting baby#2 in May and I have been gifted a dozen Flip newborn inserts along with 2 Flip covers.  The covers are a OS and I am having a hard time picturing them on a skinny legged newborn.  Can they actually fit a NB? 
Has anyone used the Flip NB insert with another cover?  I have 2 Econobum OS covers that I have as back up or for down the road, as I read on reviews that they may not fit a NB right away.  I was going to use PF with Thirsties size 1 covers and Bummis Small covers.  I have 4 of the thirsties and 2 of the Bummis.  For PF I have 2 doz of the Bummis Infant and 1 doz of the NB size. 
Once the baby gets a bit bigger I also have some Thirsties AIO's, BG AIO's and 4.0's to add to the rotation.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links

fwesson View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote fwesson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 2:15pm
FLips can accommodate a ton of insert options. I haven't used them with a newbie though. It really depends on the shape of your baby. It's a wait and see type thing. You'll have a better understanding of what to go with once the baby comes.

Good luck!
~~Farrah~~

Parker~14, Abby~12, Spencer~10, Charlotte~6,, Cooper~4, Margaret~2, & Tucker ~12-31-10.

"The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept."~George Carlin
expectingnumber2 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 90 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 4:56pm
The Flip covers took a while before they fit my DD.  She was tiny and had skinny legs for a long time though.  In those early days I preferred a smaller cover that had gussets (Like the Thristies Duo).  
Michelle wife to Brian mom to DD1 (5/13/06), DD2 (4/23/10) and DD3 (5/8/12)   
mommy2five0406070911 View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2five0406070911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 8:46am
Check out this picture on GMD of a newborn in a Flip diaper to give you an idea

I haven't used them on a newbie but this looks like it fits well on this baby.
Oh and I think there a lot of people that use the econobums on newbies too from their reviews on cottonbabies.

Thirsties duo size 1 seem to be the most popular PUL cover for a newborn on this forum from what I have seen
Jenn wife to Jamie 5/05 & Mommy of Kai (8),Zay (6),Liv(4),Brady (3),Max (9 months)& 2 dogs and 7 puppies, 5 bunnies, 48 chickens, and 16 ducks!   to,488px)div
zsoka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote zsoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 12:27am
I think I will have to just wait and see.  Judging by what my first baby was like, she had thin legs for a long time.  Thanks a lot fot the feedback everyone.Thumbs Up
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 10:03am
I've read a little trick for getting Flips to work on newbies is to roll down the back of the cover once it's on to make it less baggy if your LO can't quite fill it out. Sounds like you've got a great stash!
vansen19 View Drop Down
P'inductee
P'inductee

Post Options Post Options   Quote vansen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2012 at 8:33pm
if you snappi a prefold, a flip should work fine, the newborn won't be moving much except maybe curl in fetus position.
 Post Reply Post Reply