Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Home and Hearth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | sunnymom | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Home and Hearth books

Visit Motivated Moms for a
printable chore planning system. Have a clean and organized home and still have time for yourself!

My new way of hanging my kids artwork

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 150 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My new way of hanging my kids artwork
    Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 9:12pm
Elmer's glue!  My dh kind of freaked but it is water soluble and the paper will just peel off easily when I want to take it off since it isn't super strong glue.  But it seems to be safer for the walls and the piece of art than tape.  Cross your fingers that it continues to work but I thought I would put it up here in case anyone else wanted a different idea.  I have a hanging wire too but that requires me to put holes in the wall and I am only going to put that in one place.  Now I can hang it all over the house and it looks pretty good.  I also put a piece of colored construction paper behind the white papers since my walls are an off-white/cream color so they pop more. 
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
Sponsored Links

mdahm98 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(50)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 40 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mdahm98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 8:49am
Nice idea! I bought some frames to display some of it, sticky tack would work too :)
~Morgan~SAHM to DD 4/8/05 and DS 10/10/08
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(38)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 112 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 10:26am
Cool! I never would have thought of that!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 150 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 1:31pm
Well it was by accident that I came up with it.  I was looking for tape (which looks bad on the walls anyway and falls off all the time) and instead of finding it I found the glue and thought 'hmm'.  So I tried it and so far it seems to work.  And the glue residue wiped off super easily and the drawing that I took off and put back up came off super easily.
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
mommy2 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 1:34pm
That is such an awesome idea.  Thanks for sharing.  i never would have thought of that.  I think i'm going to give it a try today.  
~Laura~
Mama to Kelsea 9, Ryley 7 & Abby 3

Wife to Shane and Full time Nursing Student.

to,488px);}");
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 5 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 12:29am
Thanks for the tip!
Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(64)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 102 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 1:56am
I used to use Elmer's glue to put bows on Jeanine's cue ball of a bald head when she was a baby LOL It always washed right off with a damp cloth!
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 347 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2012 at 10:59am
brilliant!!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
 Post Reply Post Reply