Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: ambrose
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

I think I want this stroller combo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 352 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I think I want this stroller combo
    Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:32am
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZOF3UM/ref=ord_cart_shr

With soon to be three kids that I often take everywhere by my self, including shopping at the mall. I really think this new stroller by Graco would be perfect.  I am really hoping one will pop up on craigslist between now and september.  I already have the cash set aside.  I really like that the baby can be facing me not in an infant seat. 

I have had the Baby trend sit and stand and it was okay, I hated the Jovy sit and stand. 

What to do you all think?

Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
Sponsored Links

minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 78 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:38am
i am a bit confused- i see it says 12 positions, but what are they? does that rear car seat holding part become a seat? or a sit and stand thing? are you hoping to use it for Jordan and the baby? i think if you already have a different one- double or sit and stand- i would just use it because jordan with already be 3.5 when the baby is here and he probably wont use a stroller much. ds would use ours only on long walks or if I made him, and mostly it was the stand part. and for lots of walking a jogger was definitely easier for me to push. i have the baby trend sit and stand deluxe (i think? the one where the back can be a seat or a sit/stand) and the navigator double jogger and when walking outside the sit and stand feels much harder to push because of the turning, but it really made sense for indoor use at malls and stuff. 
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 352 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:00am
I currently only have a double jogger that I only use for outside walking.  I don't like it for the mall or having to put it in the van.  It takes up too much space.  

I was debating on doing a single travel system but by the time I did that the cost wasn't that much more for the double.   I am pretty picky about kids walking in the stores.  I really like the option of a seat. 

I am hoping I can get to babys r us sometime and see if they have one to try out. 

Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
Jake&MattsMom View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
5 years 336 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jake&MattsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:09am
I just bought one.  I haven't used it in the wild so far but have tested it out with DS2 and DD and an empty infant seat.  I really really like it and that says a lot b/c I am not a stroller person.  I've arranged it in virtually all the configurations and the only real negative I can say is that an older LO does not fit well in the front seat b/c their feet can touch the ground.  I had a joovy sit n stand and hated it but this stroller is worlds better, especially the sit n stand feature.  What I like best about the graco stroller is all the different arrangements.  I will primarily be wearing the newborn, but when we go out on really lonng day trips I usually bring a stroller for DD and DS2 usually walks but towards the end of the day a lot of times DS2 gets tired and wants to ride so DD ends up being worn or carried.  With the new stroller I'll be able to rotate the 3 youngest in the stroller depending on who is most tired and who I am able to wear.  I'm thinking for shorter trips, like to the mall, I'll usually have the infant carrier in the front seat position and DD in the back/ parent facing seat.   For long day trips I'll put DD in the front seat, wear the newbie, and have the sit n stand available for DS2.  If I need to lay the newbie down, the front seat reclines so I'll have a place for diaper changes and just to set him down for a break when I need it.  Also the storage basket is HUGE!!! And the parent tray is nicely designed.  

I think it's a newly released item so it might not show up on CL anytime soon.  I could be wrong about that though b/c I haven't stroller shopped in ages.   I got mine for $150 with the BRU 25% off trade-in which I didn't think was too bad compared to other stroller prices.
Amanda~ Homeschooling mom to- Jacob(11/04), Matthew(12/07), Corinna(11/09) Caleb(3/12) and Baby Jonah(6/14)
bree View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 170 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:26am
That looks really neat! Honestly, looks like what I need/want! lol

Amanda, how heavy is it? I have a graco quattro tour duo and it's SO heavy and hard to push. I only got it to use for long trips to the mall, outlets, zoo, etc. Mason never rides anymore and Logan's to the point where he doesn't want to anymroe either really but I make him get in the Maclaren umbrella when we have to walk a long ways - he's too slow and I can't carry him. lol

I might have to go to BRU and check it out. I have a Phil & Teds w/ the doubles kit when Logan was first born but hated that the smaller babe had to be on bottom and was so close to the ground.
bree View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 170 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:28am
Jake&MattsMom View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Perennial Pinner
5 years 336 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jake&MattsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:33am
Weight wise folded up, I didn't think it was bad compared to a single travel system.  It's pretty big when folded up, but I resigned myself to dealing with that fact b/c I haven't found any stroller that's really as small as I'd like.  As far as weight for pushing with kids, so far I've found it to have great maneuverability.  I had DD (28lbs) and DS2 (34lbs) both in it and it was easy to push and turned corners great.  I'm sure there are better options at a higher price rangew, but for this price I think I am going to be very happy with this stroller. 
Amanda~ Homeschooling mom to- Jacob(11/04), Matthew(12/07), Corinna(11/09) Caleb(3/12) and Baby Jonah(6/14)
 Post Reply Post Reply