Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: ambrose
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Diaper bag....need recommendations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
expectingnumber2 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 341 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diaper bag....need recommendations
    Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:14am
I'm thinking with #3 on the way I need a new diaper bag.  I never liked the one I has with ODD and right now I'm using a smallish backpack.  I love the ease of carrying the backpack when I'm juggling other stuff but organizationally it isn't good and its not big enough for packing for 2 (plus when ODD has stuff too).  SO, what bag do you love for packing for multiple kiddos.  I'm guessing DD2 will still be in diapers or training pants after #3 is born and at the very least I'll still be packing extra clothes for her in case of accidents.  Plus I will often have all 3 kiddos at activities, classes etc. that we go to for ODD so I need plenty of space to pack toys, books, and snacks to entertain the youngest 2.  I haven't figured out yet what my budget for a new bag will be so I'm up for any and every recommendation.  
Michelle wife to Brian mom to DD1 (5/13/06), DD2 (4/23/10) and DD3 (5/8/12)   
Sponsored Links

stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(64)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 135 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:32am
I really loved my JJ Cole Mode bag. It is huge and fit everything I ever needed for 2 in cloth, plus extra's. I really loved the print and all the pockets, including some inner pockets that are mesh and see through. There's also a changing pad with it (a huge one!) and it can be hung from your stroller while out and about.

(Mine is for sale...wasn't trying to nudge you that way, but if you're interested let me know) 
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
bcnyman View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(8)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 200 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bcnyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:43am
I have a Skip Hop from Target.  I've had it forever and its great, roomy but not huge and a good amount of pockets.  Some friends in AZ just found some Ju Ju Be Alls at a Costco for $40, so I had a friend buy one for me and mail it.  I'll let you know in a couple days if I like itSmile  I've heard great things, and new they cost like $120, for that much money it better be goodLOL
Courtney- mama to WillowMae, Graham, Milo and Genevieve!
bree View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 201 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 12:47am
I have a Skip Hop Studio Tote that I really love. I actually just switched back to it tonight because I was tired of trying to cram everything into my other bag. Eventhough I have a 4yo out of diapers and a 2yo that usually doesn't require diapers when out... I still end up with toys, snacks, cups, etc. plus my junk and wallet. I'm trying to find a new one w/ similar dimensions since this one is pretty beat. lol
RachandSoph View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 138 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote RachandSoph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:36am
Originally posted by bcnyman bcnyman wrote:

I have a Skip Hop from Target.  I've had it forever and its great, roomy but not huge and a good amount of pockets.  Some friends in AZ just found some Ju Ju Be Alls at a Costco for $40, so I had a friend buy one for me and mail it.  I'll let you know in a couple days if I like itSmile  I've heard great things, and new they cost like $120, for that much money it better be goodLOL

I thought it was the BeHips at Costco.Didn't realize they had BeAlls there too. Sweet score!!!
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 341 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:01am
Originally posted by stegmanjessica stegmanjessica wrote:

I really loved my JJ Cole Mode bag. It is huge and fit everything I ever needed for 2 in cloth, plus extra's. I really loved the print and all the pockets, including some inner pockets that are mesh and see through. There's also a changing pad with it (a huge one!) and it can be hung from your stroller while out and about.

(Mine is for sale...wasn't trying to nudge you that way, but if you're interested let me know) 

Jess- I keep looking at yours (and the purple nighttime diapers that I REALLY REALLY don't need).  Reading the couple of reviews I did read I couldn't decide if it would be big enough or not.  I need to read a little more and actually figure out the size compared to what I'm using now.

jnmflute View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote jnmflute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:17am
I have a Vera Bradley bag. It is nice and big and could work for more than one. It was a little pricey at $82, pricey for me anyway....
mommy2five0406070911 View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2five0406070911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 8:58am

I love my thirty-one bag!!!  Its so durable and has just enough pockets!!!

Jenn wife to Jamie 5/05 & Mommy of Kai (8),Zay (6),Liv(4),Brady (3),Max (9 months)& 2 dogs and 7 puppies, 5 bunnies, 48 chickens, and 16 ducks!   to,488px)div
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 19 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:01am
I have the same JJ cole bag and used it when I had two in diapers.  It was awsome.  Plenty big enough but not to big.  I currently use it if we are going to be gone all day (like to the IL's) and I need to pack a days worth of diapers, extra clothes, jammies, ect.  I will probalby go back to it with the newbie since i like to have  plenty of stuff

I also have a skip hop bag that i have used for the last year.  Again really like it too. 

I have a JuJuBe Be All that I thought I would love based on reviews and that lots of other people love.  It is okay.  I just don't like the huge flap.  Currently I have it listed on CL but haven't gotten any takers yet. 
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 341 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:23am
Thanks Emily!  
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(30)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 58 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 10:49am
I have a Timbuk2 messenger bag that I love. It isn't marketed as a diaper bag, but it works well for us. I like that DH feels fine carrying it too and that after the kids are out of diapers, we can use it for other things.  We have an older timbuk2 bag that is about 12 years old and still going strong so I didn't feel bad spending money on a new one for the kids stuff because I know it will last.

Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
BrittanyM View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(62)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 5 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrittanyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 4:11pm
I have a Ju-Ju-Be BFF and it is perfect! I saw those JJB BeAlls at our Costco, but they were $70 not $40! If they were that cheap I would've caved! I don't like the BeAll that much though. My BFF is the perfect size, and I LOVE the grab handle. 
Wife To Timothy (Nov. 2007) and Mommy to Tirzah (12.31.08), Elijah (12.24.10) and Samuel (with Jesus, 1.19.13)   k <a href=http://mariapayd
 Post Reply Post Reply