Forum Home Forum Home - Green Living - Healthy Living
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: sunnymom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Frugal and Healthy Living books

Lavender uses?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 12 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lavender uses?
    Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:07am
My dad planted a couple English Lavender plants for me and I can't get enough of the smell! I dried some of the flowers last year and every now and then open the jar just so I can sniff them EmbarrassedLOL. I know you can do sachets, but what else? Can I make my own lavender water with it to spray on sheets or things when I line dry or do I need EO for that? I know you can use it in some recipes too, but the thought of eating what I smell is a bit weird. I just don't know what to do with it. Any ideas? I hope to get even more flowers off of it this year since it should take off this spring (I hope anyway - not sure how big they are supposed to get though). 

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!k
Sponsored Links

samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 1:10am
I love lavender. I would try to make some of my own lavender EO.  I'm sure you can find some directions online. lavender sachets are great for keeping moths out of wool too.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply