Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

city mini stroller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mamab View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: city mini stroller
    Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 10:54pm
anyone have the city mini baby jogger stroller?  how do you like it?  i am looking for something that folds smaller in my car than my phil and teds, but still can handle rough pavement and good dirt roads.
tia!
sahm to dd 11/06, and ds 2/10
Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 204 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 9:49am
I don't but I am going to be watching this thread! I have a double jogger (a basic InStep) but with the older 2 not needing to ride, I have been interested in the City Mini, but didn't know if you could handle rough roads/paths.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 192 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2012 at 10:12am
i do and i love it for indoor use or short walks. i wouldn't recommend this one for dirt roads or rough terrain. we live off of a dirt road and i can't use it on there. the wheels are small plastic. 

i love it:
super light
easy, one hand fold
very flat and compact in the trunk
AWESOME sun shade
great recline

i don't like it for:
storage- the underneath is ok size but it's impossible to get things under there without going through the side and even then it's a squeeze
everything is sold separately- the tray, or anything else. i like strollers with adult cup holder and child tray
the tray sits crazy high, we bought it and it's not by dd's waist, but by her chest, and she is a toddler now
it can't stand when folded. so when you carry it to the car or house you have to put it flat on the ground, or unfold to full size 
the fully upright position for sitting is still reclined a bit too much imo

i know it sounds like a lot of cons, but the pros outweigh them to me. light, easy, compact and dd loves it- that's what mattered most. and right now the 2011s are on sale for $180 i think instead of the regular $230 price!

Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply