Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Bubble Bubble Toil & Trouble
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: musicmama
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Bubbles! Ack!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 245 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bubbles! Ack!
    Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 9:03am
I have a HE TLer at home so I can't really check for bubbles. The lid locks and by the time it unlocks usually any chance of seeing bubbles is gone because it takes so long and they'd have disappeared. We're at my parent's right now and I did a fairly large load of diapers last night with Tide F&C. I forgot to bring my detergent like I normally do (Vaska). I only used a little bit, below the 1 line w/ the liquid. But there were still bubbles after running the wash cycle w/ an extra rinse and doing 4 additional rinses! I couldn't rinse any longer because I had to go to bed (it was like 1am!). Do you think it was buildup in the washer (I know my mom does an extra rinse with every load)? Maybe just because I used the Tide? Or do I have buildup in the diapers? Confused  I occassionally have issues w/ the diapers smelling funny when he pees in them, and especially the night diapers. Wwyd? Should I try to rinse a bunch when I get home? I don't want an issue to start.
Sponsored Links

musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 251 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 10:38am
Tide has always given me lots of bubbles.  Nearly un-rinsable, in fact.  I bet that's your issue.  If you have a routine to strip, you could always go w/ that.  I only suggest it because your night dipes might be getting build-up.  If you're near a store, you may want to buy the cheapest det. you can find.  Those usually have the least amt. of additives.

I've been using Vaska lately--got it as an afterthought when I saw it at the local Albertsons.  I really like how it's been working!
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply