Forum Home Forum Home - Family - Parenting Talk - Toys, Games, & Baby Gear
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: ambrose
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Baby Carriers Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Anyone have one of those infared thermometers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(13)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 105 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone have one of those infared thermometers?
    Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 6:39pm
I am wanting to get a new thermometer. We have just basic cheapie digital ones which usually do the job, but I want something I can use when they are sensitive to touch or sleeping. I think one of the forehead/temple/infared one would do the trick? I'm not sure of the difference between them though. Can anyone decipher? With the amount of fevers we deal with with ODD I need something super accurate. I have a quick read one from Vicks, but it never registers correctly when her's temps get high - there's just not enough time I guess. I cycle through about 5 times and each time reads higher so I just switch to a regular one. 

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!
Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(38)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 108 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 6:51pm
I just got the forehead thermometer and I love it! I didn't double check it against another thermometer but it seems accurate to me. It's so easy to use. I have one the ear thermometers that was supposed to be fabulous, and every time I used it I'd get a completely different reading even if I took them within a few minutes of each other. It only works if you get it positioned exactly right which is impossible on a squirmy kid.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
JamieNoblit View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote JamieNoblit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 6:54pm
I have the temporal scanner thermometer and I love it. My peds office uses them as well :-)
Mom to Caelan 9-10-07 and Cullen 8-18-09
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(31)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 19 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 7:34pm
I like the forehead one too.  I am not sure how accurate they are, but our kids have been lucky to not have super high temps where a fraction of a degree would make a difference.  It is good enough to let me know if it is a serious high temp or just a low grade fever.

Edited by txmom - 17 Feb 2012 at 7:35pm
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
 Post Reply Post Reply