Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

Adult lines in kid shows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(29)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 147 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adult lines in kid shows
    Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:19pm
The kids are watching Cars and I can't believe how many adult lines they have.  They are way over the kids' heads (thankfully!!).  Here are a couple I picked up

(can't remember exact quotes, but they go something like this)

Lighting Mc: Race cars don't need headlights because track are always lit
Other car: well so is my brother, but he has headlights

Lighting Mc: did you know he has 3 piston cups
other car: he what in his cups?

There were others, but I can't remember them now...

Anyone else pick up any interesting adult lines in kids movies?
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
Sponsored Links

RebeccaL View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Perennial Pinner
9 years 299 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote RebeccaL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:33pm
I think this is why some shows/movies are so successful and some are not.  Think of the kids shows that drive you CRAZY!!!!  That's because they are ONLY geared to kids.  For example, I used to love watching the muppets with my parents.  The first time I watched it as an adult, I realized how much I'd been missing.  The kid in me loved the puppets and the silliness, but the adult in me loved all the ironic jokes.
Rebecca, Wife to André Oct/11. EDD Feb 2/15
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 263 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 11:46pm
Just watch Cars 2 Linda..... lol

I tend to agree with Rebecca though. I still pretty much force my kids to watch the 'kid' stuff though when it comes to cartoons, but DH gets soooo annoyed. lol I don't really mind, because I'd rather be annoyed at the 'kid' show than the stuff that comes out of my kids mouths otherwise :P
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 280 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 12:45am
If you haven't yet check out Phineas and Ferb a cartoon kids show on disney.  They have a ton of episodes on netflix and some online as well (on disney's website).  It is hilarious for me and dh and the kids.  So many adult lines but they are generally really appropriate so you dont feel weird explaining them to the kids if they asked but there are fun things for the kids too.  There was a line about Clockwork Orange in one episode.  And the Phineas and Ferb movie we just watched had some funny instances that wouldn't make much sense to my kids.  Many of them throw away lines.  Perry their pet platypus that is also a secret agent wanted to get away from the boys without them noticing so he threw a tiny pebble that made a tiny noise off to the side.  One of the boys said "oh did you hear that small soft bump sound.  Lets all turn and look in that direction to see what it was"  And there songs are funny (there is at least one every episode but usually two) and fun for kids but usually make fun of some aspect of cartoons or shows or something that is hilarious to kids as well.  Or just bizarre and off the wall. 

If my kids are trying to choose something to watch on netflix and I can steer them in a certain direction I always suggest Phineas and Ferb.
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 263 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2012 at 12:51am
Phineas and Ferb is one of the cartoons that is more geared toward 'older' kids that I'll actually let Mason watch just because it is quite hilarious! LOL Sometimes I put it on just to get him to sit and leave me alone for a while because it's not often that he gets to watch it and he'll sit and be totally sucked in.... as if that's a good thing... I know. lol
 Post Reply Post Reply