Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Home and Hearth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | Starfish03 | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | sunnymom | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Home and Hearth books

Visit Motivated Moms for a
printable chore planning system. Have a clean and organized home and still have time for yourself!

s/o who has a label maker?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(12)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 189 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: s/o who has a label maker?
    Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 10:48am
Oh man, after seeing that other thread, I now feel it's time to get me one of those gadgets!  Which one to buy, and where to get an insanely good deal?  What kind of options are most helpful?
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 139 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 10:52am
I have this one, nothing fancy but you can get it at Target and the refill cartridges are easy to get. I love it for organizing all my kitchen/baking stuff. I have my flour, sugars, baking soda, etc. in tupperware and then have the labels on there. I have tubs for my cookie cutters, cake pans, cake deco. supplies and use the labels on those, too.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(12)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 189 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 10:56am
Cool!  Do you think $25 is a decent price, or should I hunt around?  I have Prime, so I won't have to pay for shipping.
Christine
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 139 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 11:22am
I think that's about what I paid.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(31)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 49 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 11:51am
HA!  I have that one too and bought it through Amazon.  It has worked well for us, but I don't really have a lot to compare it to - it is the only one I have ever used.My only complaint is that some of the labels don't always stick well to my shelves.  The kids can peel the off quite easily.

Edited by txmom - 14 Feb 2012 at 11:52am
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 30 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:09pm
I have this one http://www.amazon.com/Brother-PT-1090BK-Family-Labeler-PT1090BK/dp/B002PAR0GA/ref=sr_1_9?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1329235539&sr=1-9  Love it and that is a super price for it.  I think DH spent $60  2 years ago.  I thought he was insane, but we use it all the time.

Edited to add that looking at it again it's not the same model.  Ours has a lot more features, but I still think it would be a good one to have.

Edited by mairf - 14 Feb 2012 at 12:10pm
Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
mommy2 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 2:08am
Originally posted by erinchelsea erinchelsea wrote:

I have this one, nothing fancy but you can get it at Target and the refill cartridges are easy to get. I love it for organizing all my kitchen/baking stuff. I have my flour, sugars, baking soda, etc. in tupperware and then have the labels on there. I have tubs for my cookie cutters, cake pans, cake deco. supplies and use the labels on those, too.

Thats the one that I have too.  Its the only one I have ever owned and I really like it.  It works great, cartridges are easy to come by and last forever.  

Did you end up getting one?  They are sure fun to play with.  I labelled all the kids school supplies with it.  Hehe
~Laura~
Mama to Kelsea 9, Ryley 7 & Abby 3

Wife to Shane and Full time Nursing Student.

to,488px);}");
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(12)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 189 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 2:14am
Once I got all these suggestions, I started reading reviews, then looked for prices, then officially got overwhelmed LOL.  Plus, now we're getting serious about the budget, so I'm trying to line-item this type of stuff in advance.  I definitely see one in our future though, esp. since we're going to HS starting in the fall.  I appreciate the advice :)
Christine
BrittanyM View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(62)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 362 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote BrittanyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 12:00pm
We have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Personal-Labeler-Machine-White/dp/B002M7W9GW/ref=pd_sbs_op_5 and we're very happy with it. My parents used to have a Brother one for years that we used for Dad's work stuff until it broke. 
Wife To Timothy (Nov. 2007) and Mommy to Tirzah (12.31.08), Elijah (12.24.10) and Samuel (with Jesus, 1.19.13)   k <a href=http://mariapayd
3boysMom View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote 3boysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 2:35pm
http://www.amazon.com/DYMO-Letratag-Personal-LT-100T-1733013/dp/B001B1FIW2/ref=pd_sbs_op_5

I have this one and use it to label all sorts of things. I got mine at WM and they carry the cartridges too. Though I have to keep it hidden b/c the boys like to label their goodies too and I randomly find good uses of labels like their books  or bike helmet and then not so good uses like "R is stoopid"

When I worked in an optical lab we had them and they really are a lot of fun. They make different color tapes so you can color code things too. I remember when my aunt was learning spanish she used one to label everything int he house with the spanish word for it.

Samantha, Captain of Chaos at Turk & Bean
mommyjessica View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 5 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommyjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2012 at 12:00am
christine, this is totally off topic but, how do you feel about hs after they have experienced school? how do they feel?
Jessica- Wife to Jared, Mommy to Tiffany Eve- born gorgeous 12-31-07, Emily Jane- born lovely 5-10-10, Lucy Renee- born beautiful 10-3-12

Post Reply Post Reply