Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

Any watch "Once Upon a Time"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yausers_2005 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote yausers_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any watch "Once Upon a Time"
    Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:54pm
It's a new tv show, started this fall.  set in a town called Storybrook, where all of the people are really from fairy tales, but trapped into a modern day town and don't know it.  dh and i are watching it together each week, the one show we actually follow.  i'm enjoying it.  i find the writing is actually pretty good and very creative.  so many shows these days are just the same plot, throw in some sex jokes to keep the viewing up, and that's it.  but when i watch "Once Upon a Time", i feel like there was actually a lot of thought that went into the story lines.  taking old fairy tales, but adding some kind of twist and then tying them all together.
so, yeah, i would recommend it.  anybody else watching it?
Anna

Mommy to Austin (July '07) and Silas (January '10)! giada
Sponsored Links

yausers_2005 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote yausers_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 9:55pm
wow, my explanation is not very good.  oh well.  you might try googling it for something more comprehensible.  ;)
Anna

Mommy to Austin (July '07) and Silas (January '10)! giada
txmom View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(30)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 81 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote txmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 10:18pm
I watch it on Hulu.  I think all the episodes are on there (on the free Hulu) so anyone who wants to get caught up, can!!

I like it too.  It is from some of the writers and producers of LOST (If I remember correctly?).
Linda

Wife of 14 years to Troy, mama of E 10/07 J 09/09 and S 10/11
bayspumpkin View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote bayspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 10:27pm
I watch it!  I'm glad to hear other people are watching it b/c I hadn't heard from many people talking about it.  I do think it is clever & I like the spin on the fairy tales (like who the Beast was in the Beauty & the Beast show) & how the fairy tales are connected to each other.  Although, so far I'm not caring for Prince Charming's modern day personality, he's basically a cheater.
Candice: Teacher mom to 4
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 210 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:00pm
I watch it too.  I know quite a few people that do.  I enjoy it.  All though there aren't that many shows that hulu has that I don't watch so . . .  I enjoy this one more than most though.  Some I just watch to be distracted while I do work but this show I actually pay attention too.

I am mad at charming and snow though.  There current personas that is.  I think that storyline isn't written that well because honestly it isn't apparent why he just can't leave his wife. 
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
mttav View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(60)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 157 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mttav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:28pm
DH and I are hooked, too. But I agree with NG, Snow and Charming make me crazy.
Mom to T (8), M (6), S (3), and X (tiny) and wife to my BFF.

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(23)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 116 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:29pm
YES!!

We watch it every Sunday evening. It comes on at 7pm here and the kids even like it.

It is different and I didn't think I would get into it but I really like it a lot!!
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
SEMama View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote SEMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:54pm
I love this show! DH and I watch it on ABC.com - I just watched this weeks episode. It was a good one. One of my favorite parts about the show is that most of the females are such strong characters instead of these whining damsels in distress that need princes to save them. Approve
Sara - on a break, loving on my amazing blessings

catadese View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
9 years 334 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote catadese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 11:41am
DH and I watch.  I agree with teh modern day PC and SW though.  So out of character for them to be sneaking around cheating.  It creeps me out.
Mama to 9- 6 boys and 3 girls
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 131 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 12:20pm
i haven't but SIL is totally hooked and so is a friend, they say it's one of the best shows on TV
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply