Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

Grammys! whoa, Adele..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 342 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grammys! whoa, Adele..
    Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 10:24am
I looove me some Adele and was happy to see her win, and shocked that she won every.single.one. and her performance was amazing, as always. 

ETA: link to her performance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr5JkOc6rd0 i think she is lovely. 

ETA again.. to add a link to her on 60 minutes last night, it was pretty funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed5fHzxMP8k

Edited by minneapolismama - 13 Feb 2012 at 10:47am
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
Sponsored Links

mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:14am
Oh I love her too!  Katie - were you the one who went to see her concert?
mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 11:57am
Originally posted by minneapolismama minneapolismama wrote:

I am not sure, I did go see her, maybe other people did too? it was amazing, a very small venue (probably wont get that chance again since she's so popular now!). 

I remember someone posting about seeing her and at the time I didn't really know who she was - but since then I've fallen in love with her music.  I bet that was an amazing show!
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 342 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 3:18pm
i like every song I have heard from her, though I definitely have favorites. i agree that shes totally not pop, but i guess it's the best category for her and they play her on a wide variety of stations here. 

totally, Holly! Katy Perry does it for me, i couldn't stand her performance at the grammys i thought it was an obnoxious show, and i don't think that she has much singing talent. i do think is usually a decent entertainer, and she has some catchy songs. dh did the lighting at her show and said that it was a very disappointing show, he was expecting a lot more. 
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
HC in KC View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(2)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 32 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote HC in KC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 12:55pm
I know what you mean about poppy pop. I would agree, it is probably more on par with hot ac (hip adult contemporary) for our genres. No matter where you put her, she's got great talent!

I do like Katy Perry. I think part of it for me is that I think she is utterly gorgeous. I don't mind an edgy look, but I hate when she does stuff like blue hair. She has such an amazing classic beauty, truly a pin up style. I wish she would stick to it. She's emphasized it with certain looks, and I think it really works for her. I have no idea what she looks like without makeup, but she is drop dead, timeless beauty with it on.
Holly