Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Introduction to Cloth Diapering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: txmom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Feedback on my stash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zsoka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote zsoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feedback on my stash
    Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 10:21pm
Hi all,

So I am due with baby in May and we are going to be using cloth for the first time.  After much research this is what we put together as a stash for baby:

Newborn stage:

9 Econobum Prefolds
24 Bummis Prefolds
3 Econobum Covers OS
4 Thirsties sz 1 covers
2 Bummis covers

For Later:
3 Fuzzibuns OS
3 Happy Heinies OS
18 Bumgenius Elemental AIO
6 Bumgenius 4.0 Pockets

I also have:
5 Fleece Liners
a few rolls of the Bummis Flushable liners
2 wet bags
2 snappies
36 cloth wipes
1 diaper sprayer
1 Swimmi swim diaper

We figured that the pocket and AIO would be the closest to disposables for dad and big sister, but I also wanted to try the prefolds.  If I need to I can get some larger size covers down the road. 

Any suggestions?  Did I miss anything?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 149 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 10:24pm
That looks like a great start! It is a nice selection with opportunities to try other things as well.

Welcome to the Pin and Congratulations!!
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 245 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 10:25pm
I think it looks great! But if you just want to use PFs for the newborn stage I'd think about getting some smaller sized ones. Those are going to be pretty big on a newbie.
zsoka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote zsoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 10:37pm
The ones I got from Bummis are the infant size.  I was going by the size my daughter was at birth and nb stuff never fit her.  My husband is 6 foot 5 so I am again expecting a tall baby! 
Thanks for the feed back everyone.
Smile
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 149 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 10:47pm
If baby is around high 8 - 9#'s the infant size should fit, if you don't mind them being a bit "bulky". My first 2 were little at 7# and 6# 8z and baby 3 was 8#5oz, so you never know
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
mommy2five0406070911 View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2five0406070911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 10:53pm
I agree with Bree the Econobums are pretty big but infant size should work out well.  I had a 8lb baby this past time around and I only got away with the preemie prefolds for all of like a week or so and had to switch to the infant size.  Congrats and Welcome!!! I would suggest a cloth diaper safe rash ointment just incase like CJ's.
Jenn wife to Jamie 5/05 & Mommy of Kai (8),Zay (6),Liv(4),Brady (3),Max (9 months)& 2 dogs and 7 puppies, 5 bunnies, 48 chickens, and 16 ducks!   to,488px)div
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 217 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 10:54pm
I think you're looking pretty good. Those Econobum prefolds may not fit right away and with 24 prefolds, you will probably have to wash daily. I had 24 NB prefolds and washed every day- newborns pee so much! Next time around, I really want to have at least 3 dozen prefolds and flats so I can wash every other day. I think your cover choices look great! Duo wraps are a favorite of mine. I also like to use a fleece liner at every change, so I made a big stash of them to have right away.

Look like you have a good mix of diapers to try. Best of luck to you!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
mommy2five0406070911 View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2five0406070911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 11:00pm
Those fleece liners save you on stains so much too!!! Ecspecially NB poo stains!
Jenn wife to Jamie 5/05 & Mommy of Kai (8),Zay (6),Liv(4),Brady (3),Max (9 months)& 2 dogs and 7 puppies, 5 bunnies, 48 chickens, and 16 ducks!   to,488px)div
zsoka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote zsoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2012 at 4:09pm
Thanks everyone.  I think I will get a few more of the Bummis PF and another set of the fleece liners and go from there.
zsoka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote zsoka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 1:40am
So I ended up adding a dozen NB Bummis PF,  6 Kissaluvs size 0 fitteds and 2 Bummis NB wraps to the collection.  I was also given 3 GroVia NB AIO's.  I think I should be set.
 Post Reply Post Reply