Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

what are you reading now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
slednmom View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(52)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 140 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote slednmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 10:44pm
Any idea why I can't find hunger games on my iPad?
I do love Evanovich books they are great!
Amber wife to Ryan(12/00)
Boston(9/07) & Grace (7/10) & Kynlee (12/11)

Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 147 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 12:18am
Originally posted by diaperpin-jen diaperpin-jen wrote:

I haven't read John Grisham in ages! What type of stuff does  Clive Cussler write?
I'll check out
Lorna Landvik  too....

Clive Cussler is just a like adventure type book. Usually someone is trying to destroy the world in some crazy way (like tilting the earth off its axes so that it will create a climant change and people on these huge cruise ships will be the only survivors) and the main character has to save the day. He has a few different groups, some are Dirk Pitt and there is the Organ Series, Fargo Mysteries, NUMA adventures... They are not heavy but fun reads! I can read one in a weekend which still shocks DH, but I remind him they are not "deep" but fun.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 245 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 1:19am
Originally posted by erinchelsea erinchelsea wrote:

I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  I'm having trouble getting into it....

Erin I couldn't get into it either and actually gave up. I should try again. But I read reviews about people taking notes because there's so many people/places to remember Confused  My friend said that after you get past a certain point it gets more interesting and goes a lot faster. I honestly don't think I made it past page 50ish. lol

I LOVED The Hunger Games series. Seriously can't wait for the movie to come out just to see how they pull it off. I know it won't come anywhere close to the book. But still, I'm intrigued!
taowensf View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(160)

Perennial Pinner
9 years 146 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote taowensf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 1:19am
Originally posted by ambrose ambrose wrote:

I will soon be reading Wild Thing -- because my friend wrote it.

His first book was Beat the Reaper -- some disturbing stuff in it that i'm not sure everyone on the Pin would get into, but he's an awesome writer, if you have a taste/tolerance for a certain degree of sex/violence. Though, actually know very little about the new book. Expect DH says it's more political and involves a loch ness monster type phenomenon.

So tell us the author's name already! Big smile
~Tess~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12