Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

what are you reading now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
slednmom View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(36)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 46 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote slednmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 10:44pm
Any idea why I can't find hunger games on my iPad?
I do love Evanovich books they are great!
Amber wife to Ryan(12/00)
Boston(9/07) & Grace (7/10) & Kynlee (12/11)

Sponsored Links

Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(21)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
7 years 37 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 12:18am
Originally posted by diaperpin-jen diaperpin-jen wrote:

I haven't read John Grisham in ages! What type of stuff does  Clive Cussler write?
I'll check out
Lorna Landvik  too....

Clive Cussler is just a like adventure type book. Usually someone is trying to destroy the world in some crazy way (like tilting the earth off its axes so that it will create a climant change and people on these huge cruise ships will be the only survivors) and the main character has to save the day. He has a few different groups, some are Dirk Pitt and there is the Organ Series, Fargo Mysteries, NUMA adventures... They are not heavy but fun reads! I can read one in a weekend which still shocks DH, but I remind him they are not "deep" but fun.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The children, not the teachers, are the responsible persons; they do the work by self-effort" Charlotte Mason
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 1:19am
Originally posted by erinchelsea erinchelsea wrote:

I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  I'm having trouble getting into it....

Erin I couldn't get into it either and actually gave up. I should try again. But I read reviews about people taking notes because there's so many people/places to remember Confused  My friend said that after you get past a certain point it gets more interesting and goes a lot faster. I honestly don't think I made it past page 50ish. lol

I LOVED The Hunger Games series. Seriously can't wait for the movie to come out just to see how they pull it off. I know it won't come anywhere close to the book. But still, I'm intrigued!
taowensf View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(138)

Perennial Pinner
10 years 25 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote taowensf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 1:19am
Originally posted by ambrose ambrose wrote:

I will soon be reading Wild Thing -- because my friend wrote it.

His first book was Beat the Reaper -- some disturbing stuff in it that i'm not sure everyone on the Pin would get into, but he's an awesome writer, if you have a taste/tolerance for a certain degree of sex/violence. Though, actually know very little about the new book. Expect DH says it's more political and involves a loch ness monster type phenomenon.

So tell us the author's name already! Big smile
~Tess~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12