Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Bubble Bubble Toil & Trouble
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: musicmama
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

How much bac out?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
minkeybuut View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote minkeybuut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much bac out?
    Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 2:14am
I love bacout but my $14 bottle made it a month. Fine if that's what it takes but...how much do u use? Anyone have a standard measure? (I see lots of "3squirts" that's not super helpful...) ;) thanks!
Sponsored Links

sar_stang View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote sar_stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2012 at 1:52pm
I have an HE machine, I use about a tablespoon. Hope that helps!< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">
Mama to a little mountain goat, 3/31/08 and one little kid 9/24/11! giada
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 3:31am
Where do you buy your bac out. That's very expensive. I usually pay $6 and change. Lucky Vitamin is a good place to get it cheap. I just started using it in the wash (usually just spray poopies) and I've been doing 3 tbsp. 1 in the pre wash and two in the wash but that's quite a bit  $$ so I probably won't be keeping that up. I also am making my own which will be cheaper once it's ready.
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
rustygriffen View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote rustygriffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:13am
You can order it on VitaCost.com for super cheap. Like $5 a bottle (and a lot of times you can get free shipping), or $40 for 5 gallons.  I think I was using about 1/4 to a half cup each load. Now I'm using biokleen oxygen bleach, and that seems to be working really well.
Stephanie, loving Wife to Jordan, and Momma to Baby Bell 03/02/09 and Aiden 01/24/11 and one sweet munchkin on the way!k
bree View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(17)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 75 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:38am
drugstore.com also regularly has it on sale for $5ish for the 32oz concentrated bottle. I usually half it with water in a spray bottle and just spray it on poopy diapers.
samsmum View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote samsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by bree bree wrote:

drugstore.com also regularly has it on sale for $5ish for the 32oz concentrated bottle. I usually half it with water in a spray bottle and just spray it on poopy diapers.

I was halfing it with water to (for spraying) but this month I'm experimenting with full strength.

I go through 32 oz bottle per month when just spraying poopied & mama cloth. Will probably use more if adding it to wash now.

I shop at drugstore.com and vitacost as well and they are all pretty consistant with the price. even my local Cost Cutter grocery store sells it for $6 and change
Michelle Mama to three great guyspaydand giada md
 Post Reply Post Reply