Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

4 hr flat?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 247 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 hr flat?!
    Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:10pm
Ick! The baby fell asleep in the middle of Kohls today, slept in the car, and slept through the transfer to his crib, and has been sleeping for a while. That has never happened before and I didn't expect him to actually stay asleep in his crib! He is closing in on 4 hours since his last diaper change...in just a flat Those GMD flats are amazing, but there is no need to show off just how absorbant they can be!
Happily married to Nathan and mama to DD (5), DS (3), DS2 (5/14)
Sponsored Links

erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(34)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 233 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:38pm
It does seem like the only time they stay asleep for so long is when you haven't changed their diaper!WackoI'm sure it will be fine though!
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 247 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:50pm
It does seem to be that way, Erin. Figures, he rarely falls asleep out and about, much less stays asleep through 2 transfers. I should probably bulk his diaper up next time, just in case.
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(60)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 223 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 6:08pm
When we used flats, we never had a single leak, even though a heavy wetting toddler phase. And I don't change anywhere NEAR as often as you do Clare EmbarrassedWink GMD flats are fabulous! 
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
Sarah2106 View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(22)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 179 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sarah2106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 6:36pm
BTDT, but flats really are great! Under a good cover we never have leaks.
Wife & Mom to my amazing 3

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
expectingnumber2 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 62 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 8:49pm
Yep, BTDT too.  It is AMAZING how much a GMD flat can hold.  Not too thrilled about changing a diaper that is soaked corner to corner but I've never had a leak!
Michelle wife to Brian mom to DD1 (5/13/06), DD2 (4/23/10) and DD3 (5/8/12)   
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 125 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 9:25pm
Yup.  With a flat it's all about the cover!
Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 247 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 10:55pm
I was very impressed! It was wet all the way through, but it held it all.
mom4moju View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 11:17pm
C did about 4 hrs in a flat today too!  He's getting teeth and just looks terrible, so I really didn't want to wake him.  They are flats that I made, so I'm pleased to hear that they perform as good as GMDs!
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
MomBeck View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote MomBeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 9:48am
Yea for no leaks! What cover were you using? And Christina, what material did you use to make yours?
chicka.chicka View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote chicka.chicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 10:58am
Flats are my best diapers for not leaking even when saturated.  My pockets with MF inserts, on the other hand, will make a big wet mess of everything if I accidentally wait too long to change. Dead
LORI, Wife to Shane & Mom to: Benjamin(14), Elizabeth(13), Thomas(11), Olivia(9), Joshua(4), Rebekah(2), and Andrew (11/27/13)
~*~Parenting consists of long days and short years.~*~
Clare_S View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(46)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 247 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Clare_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by MomBeck MomBeck wrote:

Yea for no leaks! What cover were you using? And Christina, what material did you use to make yours?

That was my question, too. And, that's great!

I was using a Pin mama made cover with the Joanne Babyville PUL.
 Post Reply Post Reply