Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Bubble Bubble Toil & Trouble
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: musicmama
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

overlanolized

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elus0814 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 175 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote elus0814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: overlanolized
    Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:33am
I ran hot water over the tube of lanolin to try and get the last bit out and it worked a little too well. When I started squeezing it a bunch came out. I couldn't really tell how much was in the water because it was already melted but I figured it would be ok. I let a pair of wool nursing pads soak first then put a pair of longies in. I squeezed out the water, rolled them in towels, and put them on the drying rack. 

This morning when I checked them they're super sticky. Just touching them left my hands coated. Is it possible to over lanolize? Should they be rewashed or should I just use them and wait for the lanolin to work it's way off?
Wife to my Air Force husband and SAHM to DD 9/04, DS 12/05, DS 3/09, DD 9/10, DD 2/12, and DS 9/13
Sponsored Links

musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(13)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 167 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 5:36pm
They are definitely over lanolized.  I did it a few times (luckily only in the wet zone).  Seems a shame to strip out all that lanolin, so I used them as is.  The stickiness didn't last too long.  You may have a different issue if you find that the areas that don't encounter urine end up staying tacky.  Not sure about that one.
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
northwoods View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote northwoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 7:22pm
I've done that a few times.  I use them as is and the sticky feeling goes away pretty fast.
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 352 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:45pm
i didn't even know that you could overlanolize. GL with it!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
elus0814 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 175 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote elus0814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:08pm
They seem to be getting less sticky while they're drying. I think I'm going to let them dry all the way then try to blot off some of the excess lanolin with a towel before using. DD2 will just have extra soft legs for a few days Thumbs Up
Wife to my Air Force husband and SAHM to DD 9/04, DS 12/05, DS 3/09, DD 9/10, DD 2/12, and DS 9/13
 Post Reply Post Reply