Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Home and Hearth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | Starfish03 | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | sunnymom | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Home and Hearth books

Visit Motivated Moms for a
printable chore planning system. Have a clean and organized home and still have time for yourself!

Ideas for displaying DS' Lego creations?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
happymamaof2 View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 296 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ideas for displaying DS' Lego creations?
    Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 4:53pm
DS' is a Lego fanatic and loves to make his own inventive creations. They are taking over his room, and I would love to have something in his room to display them for him, but something he can easily take them down to play with them. Anyone have any ideas?
Mama to Ryan (1/06). Katelyn (3/07), and BIG BOY Gavin (4/13)
Sponsored Links

Mom2Miles View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(15)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 92 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mom2Miles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 4:58pm
I've been thinking about the same sort of thing.  My ds is getting quite the collection and we are going to need some sort of storage/play area.  I was thinking about using the train table, but not sure he will want to give up his trains yet.  I was also thinking about a bookshelf maybe, or some wall mounted shelves that he can reach.  I'll be watching this thread for more ideas.
Laurie, SAHM to Miles (7) and Leah (4)

There's no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. ~Jill Churchill
catadese View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
9 years 305 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote catadese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 5:44pm
I pinned this idea on pinterest.  I want to make something like that using some base plates and a cheap shelf.

I also have something like this my sister made the kids for Christmas.  It has white dashes along the outer edge where the green is though, so it has a little road.  We don't have an Ikea, but she round that little black table @ Target for $15.  The kids love it and it's small enough to store out of the way when we're not using it.

This is a really cute display idea if you have some fun people.

Mama to 9- 6 boys and 3 girls
catadese View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
9 years 305 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote catadese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 5:49pm
OK, took me a while but I found one like mine.
catadese View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(10)

Perennial Pinner
9 years 305 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote catadese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 5:54pm
This looks cool as well.
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 296 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 9:27pm
Thanks for all the great links!  I will be checking these out tonight!!
mairf View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
8 years 39 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mairf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 11:49pm
I know it depends on the child, but my ds a all about the process of creating and building, but he wants to be able to recreate things.  So we take a lot of pictures.  I print his favorites for him and he has a 3 ring binder that holds the photos as well as official Lego kit directions
Mary Beth, mama to Charlie (11/05) and Sam (2/10)

k
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 296 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 1:05pm
We ended up using a 50% off coupon for a local unfinished furniture place and buying a wooden table. He can store his loose pieces in a bin underneath the table, build on top of it, and even have room to display some of his creations! Thanks for all the great ideas, mamas!!
gpsinma View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpsinma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by mairf mairf wrote:

I know it depends on the child, but my ds a all about the process of creating and building, but he wants to be able to recreate things.  So we take a lot of pictures.  I print his favorites for him and he has a 3 ring binder that holds the photos as well as official Lego kit directions

This.  you could even make a website for him and when the day comes he can learn web design, too!
gps
DD1 1/94, DD2 2/99, DD3 4/00
DS1 9-11-08, DS2 3-4-10
P'insightful
P'insightful

Perennial Pinner
6 years 296 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote happymamaof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2012 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by gpsinma gpsinma wrote:

Originally posted by mairf mairf wrote:

This.  you could even make a website for him and when the day comes he can learn web design, too!

It took me a bit to really visualize what you were talking about, but I love this idea!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply