Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Introduction to Cloth Diapering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: txmom
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Diaper colors choices ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
olinkam View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote olinkam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diaper colors choices ?
    Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 8:58pm
Hi Ladies!!

I am getting ready to make those first CD purchases and of course love all the colors and patterns.  BUT...I got to wondering is it smart to go color crazy or is it better to aim for more neutral colors??? I am aiming to purchase about 20-23 and am renting newborns so we are doing OS for when she grows into them...is there any way I should split the stash in terms of colors or does it just not matter??? Just wanted to get some feedback from those with experience!!

Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links

J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(7)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 250 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 9:55pm
i am more of a neutral coloured girl, so that either sex could wear it. but i did some some of the crazy colours that i liked too. i think its all up to you and whatever you feel comfortable with!
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
oliverandedie View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote oliverandedie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:24pm
When I started with cloth, I thought I wanted all white or neutral colored diapers (like buttercream or all those now discontinued BG pastels). But, I couldn't imagine at the time why I would desire a red diaper. I mean, you'd need 12 red diapers if you were planning to color coordinate for an outfit, right? It so happens that I do like colorful diapers after all, and not 12 of a color, but a great variety. They make a way prettier stack by the changing table! 
mommy2five0406070911 View Drop Down
P'infatuated
P'infatuated

Post Options Post Options   Quote mommy2five0406070911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:45pm
At first I stuck with Gender neutral because at the time I was wearing them on both DS 2 and DD but with the last seeing how I knew he would be the last I went with boy prints and boy colors so I think it just depends on your intentions for use later on.  Clementine in cottonbabies is my favorite gender neutral color:)

Edited by mommy2five0406070911 - 28 Jan 2012 at 11:46pm
Jenn wife to Jamie 5/05 & Mommy of Kai (8),Zay (6),Liv(4),Brady (3),Max (9 months)& 2 dogs and 7 puppies, 5 bunnies, 48 chickens, and 16 ducks!   to,488px)div
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 70 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 12:13am
I love bright colors and prints.  I have the occasional really boyish dipe, but most of mine are just vivid colors, w/ a collection that is obviously not girly.  If I were planning another baby, and wanting to make it girl-friendly, I'd just add a few more purples & pinks & maybe some flower prints.  Ultimately, I think you should go w/ whatever you think will be fun for you, since you'll be the one seeing the dipes on a daily basis.  It sure is fun to take my his "Green Eggs and Ham" cover out of the washer, and who gets worked up over laundry?
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
Esseltess View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote Esseltess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 12:38am
Originally posted by musicmama musicmama wrote:

I love bright colors and prints.  I have the occasional really boyish dipe, but most of mine are just vivid colors, w/ a collection that is obviously not girly.  If I were planning another baby, and wanting to make it girl-friendly, I'd just add a few more purples & pinks & maybe some flower prints.  Ultimately, I think you should go w/ whatever you think will be fun for you, since you'll be the one seeing the dipes on a daily basis.  It sure is fun to take my his "Green Eggs and Ham" cover out of the washer, and who gets worked up over laundry?

Totally agree!
I just buy what *I* like, my DSs diapers range from black to pink :P
DD 11/08, DS 01/11
moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(4)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 16 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 12:47am
I only use flats which are pretty plain as far as the actual diaper goes so I add some color with covers. I do like to have a white one or two for girls to go under certain outfits. I just buy what I like and skip those I don't. Oddly enough, I prefer solids over prints most times. There are only a handful of prints that I choose first. 

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!k
mom4moju View Drop Down
P'insightful
P'insightful

Member Rating(9)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 141 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Esseltess Esseltess wrote:

Originally posted by musicmama musicmama wrote:

Totally agree!
I just buy what *I* like, my DSs diapers range from black to pink :P
This is me also. 
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (Jun 11)
dance View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote dance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 9:57am
I have a 14 month little girl...with girls, the cover can be like bloomers. I like having a solid or print that picks up on colors from an outfit.  I have a diaper cover that matches the stripes in a pair of leg warmers, and it looks super cute when she bends over! But it's green, so totally gender neutral. 

The prints are prettier, but hard to match with dresses if they show.  I need about 2 more covers, and I was thinking about how purple matches both pink and red- it's almost like a neutral.  

White would be useful, but it seems like it would look dirty quickly when playing outside? 
 Post Reply Post Reply